Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

At first I was like eww raw fish but now I love it and I had some today. :yum:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but did you know sushi is actually raw fish?! Seriously, I looked it up! You'll think twice now, I bet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yanyanyan)
    Sushi isn't raw fish.

Love sushi however. Totally worth it if it's good sushi.
    Most of it has raw fish on it though, as the topping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinklemonade-xo)
    This.
    Love the way its included in a £2 meal deal at tescos for lunch. It not amazing by any standards, but soo much nicer than shabby sandwiches. I went to an amazing sushi restaurent for my brothers 20th borthday in may, and since, i've been hooked.
    :eek2: I had that post-Japan and it's naaasssty.

Not being a snob or anything...because I've had kebabs (which are just leftover meat, intestines and other assorted crap) for breakfast :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I love it too =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haft_Hasht_Shish)

Not being a snob or anything...because I've had kebabs (which are just leftover meat, intestines and other assorted crap) for breakfast :ninja:

I'll second that.

since when have the Japanese put tuna-mayo and cucumber in sushi?!?!

I think the reason most people hate it is because it's very rare to find good sushi in this country. Even place like Yo Sushi etc. are well below Japanese or even Californian levels.

ReputationRep:
    Mmm sushi, they freeze it at really low temperatures to kill off the bugs so it's fine

I love Japanese food.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    Love it! although i havent had it in awhile now

Wasabi is the best!!

i totally agree! i loooooove wasabi!! :drool: but i havent had it for couple of months! T_T

and i love sushi! dont care that its raw fish, its not like its alive and jumping on my plate! haha and everyone who says "eww its raw", it just shows that they havent tried it, cuz if they did they wud love it too! :p:

has anyone tried the raw beef, its korean?

ReputationRep:
    Sushi makes my mouth drool.

ReputationRep:
    I love it!!!
    i take it for lunch sometimes. The first time i whipped out a tray though people gave me weird looks.
    i just like to think the haters arent as cultured as me :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haft_Hasht_Shish)

I'm well aware. However its cheaper than most sandwiches, and still sushi 'like'. In all fairness, nothing you can buy in a supermarket is going to compare to the original stuff you would have sampled in the origin country.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's an acquired taste which I do not have :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Sushi ichiban so desu yo ne

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't as good as I expected, the way people were going on about it, but then its sort of grown on me...they have really nice sushi in Vancouver..

ReputationRep:
    Luv it.

My old man takes us to YO Sushi.

Recommend corriander seared tuna and the free wasabi , ginger and soy mixed together.

defo luv the stuff

ReputationRep:
    I was going to try sushi once but decided not too because the staff were not Japanese...
    If I eat sushi, I at least want Japanese people to make it and serve me... otherwise its just not the same.

(Original post by 94_confessions)
    I like vegetarian sushi .
    agreed!

the one from m&s is... :drool:

ReputationRep:
    I Love It <3

ReputationRep:
    Luuurve sushi!

Not really found much worth eating in England though.. but Samsi's is pretty good

On a side note...
    Actually, raw fish is Sashimi.
    Sushi doesn't have to contain fish at all.

ReputationRep:
    Love it.
    Not all of them contains raw fish, and I think it's because of that most people hate it. I don't like raw fish either, but otherwise it's nice.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.