Turn on thread page Beta

Low testerone level, cause of the global recession? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...ls-in-men.html

My friend randomly told me one day that stress results in lower testerone levels, which is bad for alot of obvious reasons. But one of the reasons was a bit strange.
    She said because alot of men are involved in the financial industry and because the testerone levels of men have been reducing due to stress, more men are less likely to take risks and therefore less likely to invest in businesses. Is this true? Obviously, this isnt the main reason why we faced a recession, but could it have made a little impact?

My friend isnt the most reliable source but i did do some research and found it quite an interesting topic.

What do you think? Is this true?

ReputationRep:
    More likely that the high testosterone of all the A-type personality bankers led them to make all the risky decisions that landed us in the mess in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    More likely that the high testosterone of all the A-type personality bankers led them to make all the risky decisions that landed us in the mess in the first place.

Precisely. Lower testosterone = more rational, thought-through decisions.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't they just inject a bit of Test. then?

ReputationRep:
    "Low testerone level, cause of the global recession?"

The article doesn't say that.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I heard the global recession caused WWI and II

ReputationRep:
    Its true. Since I study Medicine and have non-stop-stress I (nearly) lost my sex-drive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patientology)
    Its true. Since I study Medicine and have non-stop-stress I (nearly) lost my sex-drive.

Oh dear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    Oh dear
    yes it is sad in some way. But at least no girl can hurt me now. yay!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.