Turn on thread page Beta

been asked to send in a one minute film reel for film production via EMAIL!? watch

ReputationRep:
    the letter says that i should create a 1 minute film reel of my work and it should be sent to the email address provided by 1st febuary 2010

ive made the film reel and its 126mb in size and i tried to send it in my yahoo email address and it wont let me because the size is too big and i created a hotmail account and it said the same

i emailed the email address 2 days ago asking what to do and i havnt got a reply yet

any1 know what i should do?

thanx

ReputationRep:
    Best thing to do would just be to upload it to a video website such as YouTube, and send the link. Ideally, if you have your own website and don't want it available for public comment, you can put a password on to protect it from view and sent them the password too.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, upload it to YouTube. Or failing that, RapidShare.

ReputationRep:
    You want it in good quality. I'd suggest this site:

http://www.transferbigfiles.com/

Or, Vimeo, better quality than youtube imo

ReputationRep:
    but i'm sending it to my tutor who will be teaching me in uni, would i be allowed to say "heres a rapidshare link, download it." or would i be best off just uploading it to youtube and sending them the link?

they just want to see a preview of my work which will be viewed as a benchmark and then he will consider my whole application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big_Joe_1234)
    but i'm sending it to my tutor who will be teaching me in uni, would i be allowed to say "heres a rapidshare link, download it." or would i be best off just uploading it to youtube and sending them the link?

they just want to see a preview of my work which will be viewed as a benchmark and then he will consider my whole application.
    They will know, as tutors of the subject, that it isn't always possible to e-mail files such as films.

They'll happily accept a downloadable file or a lower quality YouTube video for those purposes.

ReputationRep:
    oh okay. thanks. ill do that

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.