been asked to send in a one minute film reel for film production via EMAIL!? Watch

Big_Joe_1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
the letter says that i should create a 1 minute film reel of my work and it should be sent to the email address provided by 1st febuary 2010

ive made the film reel and its 126mb in size and i tried to send it in my yahoo email address and it wont let me because the size is too big and i created a hotmail account and it said the same

i emailed the email address 2 days ago asking what to do and i havnt got a reply yet

any1 know what i should do?

thanx
cpj1987
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Best thing to do would just be to upload it to a video website such as YouTube, and send the link. Ideally, if you have your own website and don't want it available for public comment, you can put a password on to protect it from view and sent them the password too.
noggins
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah, upload it to YouTube. Or failing that, RapidShare.
lookitsdanhunt
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
You want it in good quality. I'd suggest this site:

http://www.transferbigfiles.com/

Or, Vimeo, better quality than youtube imo
Big_Joe_1234
Rep:
?
but i'm sending it to my tutor who will be teaching me in uni, would i be allowed to say "heres a rapidshare link, download it." or would i be best off just uploading it to youtube and sending them the link?

they just want to see a preview of my work which will be viewed as a benchmark and then he will consider my whole application.
cpj1987
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Big_Joe_1234)
but i'm sending it to my tutor who will be teaching me in uni, would i be allowed to say "heres a rapidshare link, download it." or would i be best off just uploading it to youtube and sending them the link?

they just want to see a preview of my work which will be viewed as a benchmark and then he will consider my whole application.
They will know, as tutors of the subject, that it isn't always possible to e-mail files such as films.

They'll happily accept a downloadable file or a lower quality YouTube video for those purposes.
Big_Joe_1234
Rep:
?
oh okay. thanks. ill do that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.62%
No (608)
72.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed