The Student Room Group
Reply 1
exeter... i think :')
just simply like it~
Reply 2
Exeter is the best out of them... Its a great uni.. :smile:
out of them, york is top of the league table i think, apart from that i dunnnah.
paris :pierre:
Reply 5
York or Exeter... prob York cos I love the city, dunno.
York. I applied there too.

City looks nice and the course looks good.
Reply 7
Exeter or Sheffield. :smile: Exeter would be my preference. I'd have applied there if it wasn't so far from Notts.
Reply 8
orro
I've applied to study History V100 at Exeter, Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield and York. Which of these uni's would you go to if had the choice for History and why??

Any help will be great

cheers

In terms of history department - Exeter's very good for history of medicine and naval history; Birmingham's good for pretty much everything covered on a BA in History and York's fantastic for Medieval history and some 18th cen stuff.

Sheffield and Leeds would be on a par. Sheffield's good for Fascism related things and tbh I don't know enough about Leeds.

Guess it all depends on what you want to study for 3 years as History's a very personal subject.
Reply 9
apotoftea
In terms of history department - Exeter's very good for history of medicine and naval history; Birmingham's good for pretty much everything covered on a BA in History and York's fantastic for Medieval history and some 18th cen stuff.

Sheffield and Leeds would be on a par. Sheffield's good for Fascism related things and tbh I don't know enough about Leeds.

Guess it all depends on what you want to study for 3 years as History's a very personal subject.

What would you say was the best for more modern history modules?
Reply 10
orro
I've applied to study History V100 at Exeter, Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield and York. Which of these uni's would you go to if had the choice for History and why??

Any help will be great

cheers

I would say York. It has a really good history course (well, I really liked their history, anyway). When I went to the open day they were the only university I visited which actually listed all the different topics in their courses you can do and they were really diverse topics.

I really like the place too. It's really historical and beautiful. When I was walking around, there were people doing 'ghost' tours down alleyways. :o:
You can find module lists on most department sites. I know you can for Sheffield and York anyway as I looked at both of those myself. I'm sure you probably can for the others. Look at those and see which you like best.
orro
What would you say was the best for more modern history modules?

Sheffield or Birmingham from my own experiences. Define modern though :wink:
Reply 14
Sheffield or Exeter.

Latest

Trending

Trending