Turn on thread page Beta

Does it annoy you if people randomly start chatting to you on fb or msn? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I also detest it when like earlier at 18.41 someone told me brb as they are going for dinner. Now 20.06, they are back but they haven't restarted the conversation.

Must be another one of those 'Oh I forgot about you cases' *grumbles*

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't mind it at all. Thats the whole point of msn & facebook- to talk to people. I do hate it though when people say brb and don't bother talking to you again, or when they don't reply at all.

ReputationRep:
    Not really.

It's just difficult to strike up a conversation with someone you barely know.

It's all very akward.

ReputationRep:
    I dont like conversations where people are like, 'hey you ok wuu2 blah blah' and then go 'soo... i heard this about you is it true?!?!?' that annoys me loads..

No....Unless they have annoying/immature things to say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quail)
    I only get annoyed if it's the sort of person that has to say something EVERYTIME you sign on...

*signs on*
    (two seconds later) HELLO! How are you? Good day? Yeah...

*conversation dies, because we had this exact conversation half an hour ago*

I also hate it when people speak to me just before I sign out! Otherwise it's fine
    THIS Oh by God, I cannot stand it. That IS WHY I am permenently "offline". Pain in the arse but it's the only way to get peace! Can't delete because I work with the son of a *****. I don't want the hassle.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I dislike not having control over when I get to chat to someone and feeling bad when I quickly log off/close the window because I don't want to talk to the person.

I just don't sign into stuff anymore, I'm always 'offline'. :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    I prefer chatting about things to do/interesting gossip/college work/other interesting information.

People who consistently go 'Hi, how are you? What have you been up to recently etc' and say NOTHING else get on my nerves. Same thing with people who sit around asking to do things when you've already told them you cannot do it.

ReputationRep:
    I regularly purge my msn and facebook contacts, thus am left with only people I dont mind chatting to and avoid this entire stupid situation you've got yourself into.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.