SCIENCE students I need your help????? Watch

Indieboohoo
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey all you good looking (and not so good looking) people, can you help me, I'm a design student and need to know what do you as a science student gets your attention. But it has to relate to science. Thank you so much in advance. :o:

EDIT If you was walking down the hall or going in a room at uni what would make you stop and look at something on the wall. But it has to link with Science and don't say posters,tables etc. For example if you saw a hologram with science students doing experiments, things like that.
CKin2U
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
um stuff like the history of the earth....and the science they used back then, and also just how everything evolved to now
BelieveInMagic
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
can i just say that i'm a science person, but i'm also the chair of the prom and on the sports comittee for my school!......why can't it just be something normal??
BelieveInMagic
Report 8 years ago
self cleaning test tubes?????
Falling Winter Fairy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Umm you know all those brightly and pretty colored images of things like nerve cells? Well who. I guess the ones I've used for presentations are computer made, but they are so pretty with the black background and the bright colors

"Be nice to nerds, chances are you'll end up working for one"

My little brother asked if "a hot woman only wearing a labcoat" counted too? Kids these days.
Ayostunner
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
looool sorry OP
typical tsr responses

Well i'm generally interested in Biology
atm it's all about Stem Cells for me:coma:
punkyrocker
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
OP, if you're more specific with what you're asking, you'll get more serious responses. So far you've just asked, "what gets your attention", and to be honest if you have a scientific sense of humour these jokes do just that!

The universe - astronomy is the most interesting part of science to me, hence why I'm studying it.
SoapyDish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Chemistry: If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

2 atoms are walking down the street. One says "I think I've lost an electron!" The other says "Are you sure?" to which the first one replies "Yes, I'm positive!"

Erm, what grabs my attention...I assume you're wanting some sort of images? Pretty colourful pictures. Google "Fluorescence microscopy", or "phase contrast microscopy" for some pretty pictures of cells. People having sex in an MRI machine. Different metals causing different coloured flames. Sensory homunculus.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Indieboohoo)
Theses jokes aren't helping please be serious
Well your OP didn't make any sense...

Nobody knows what the hell you are on about...
Indieboohoo
(Original post by punkyrocker)
OP, if you're more specific with what you're asking, you'll get more serious responses. So far you've just asked, "what gets your attention", and to be honest if you have a scientific sense of humour these jokes do just that!

The universe - astronomy is the most interesting part of science to me, hence why I'm studying it.
That's nice to know. I've updated what I'm trying to say in the edit.
punkyrocker
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That's nice to know. I've updated what I'm trying to say in the edit.
I don't know if you were being sarky there, but that's how it seems. I was only trying to answer the question you asked, and get your hijacked thread back on track. Good luck with whatever it is you're designing.
Indieboohoo
(Original post by Quady)
Well your OP didn't make any sense...

Nobody knows what the hell you are on about...
Read the edit :dry:
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Read the edit :dry:
Anything thats made out of carbon fibre.
Indieboohoo
I don't know if you were being sarky there, but that's how it seems. I was only trying to answer the question you asked, and get your hijacked thread back on track. Good luck with whatever it is you're designing.
I wasn't :o: You have science humour, I have design humour. Your help really would be appreciated :yep:
Casshern1456
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
For me it's the Eureka moments scientist end up quoting:

"I turned my chair to the fire[after having worked on the problem for some time] and dozed. Again the atom were gambolling my eyes....." - Friedrich August Von Kekule's insight into the chemical mystery of Benzene ring.
punkyrocker
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I wasn't :o: You have science humour, I have design humour. Your help really would be appreciated :yep:
Okay.

These pictures would make me stop and look:
Spoiler:
Show

etc... Kind of the big, inspirational moments in science that people tend to think are unattainable or very special.
-XxX-
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
videos about what goes on in a cell are awesome. I think thats what you were asking?

and i dont have any science jokes. All of mine have been said :emo:
punkyrocker
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ps:

(it won't let me edit my post.)
Indieboohoo
(Original post by SoapyDish)
Chemistry: If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

2 atoms are walking down the street. One says "I think I've lost an electron!" The other says "Are you sure?" to which the first one replies "Yes, I'm positive!"

Erm, what grabs my attention...I assume you're wanting some sort of images? Pretty colourful pictures. Google "Fluorescence microscopy", or "phase contrast microscopy" for some pretty pictures of cells. People having sex in an MRI machine. Different metals causing different coloured flames. Sensory homunculus.
Thanks
Indieboohoo
Okay.

These pictures would make me stop and look:
Spoiler:
Show

etc... Kind of the big, inspirational moments in science that people tend to think are unattainable or very special.
Thanks
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?