Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

help! :( live 20 miles from a gym- 18 year old weighing 9.5 stone!equipment for SS? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Pic of these "muscly" legs?
    Ahahaha. No. I'm afraid I don't post pictures of any part of myself to people I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Varnick)
    I don't have any great knowledge of biology, but it would seem logical that sprinting would build leg muscle. All other muscles I know of are built by exercising them. Running, particularly sprinting, uses your legs quite a lot (so I'm led to believe) so logically sprinting builds leg muscle?

Back on topic, I don't think you really need that much equipment, I would go for some free weights but a bench seems a tad excessive, certainly for starting off. I would look at these programs

http://www.hundredpushups.com/

http://www.twohundredsitups.com/

as they require nothing more than you and some space, but are a good way to start exercising.
    not enought stimulus to build muscle i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie's life is Average)
    Ahahaha. No. I'm afraid I don't post pictures of any part of myself to people I don't know.
    okay

where do you train and who do you train with? At what level are you currently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    okay

where do you train and who do you train with? At what level are you currently?
    Likewise with location, sorry. After a spate in a variety of sports, I peaked at county football but the team was discontinued after a year, the manager was only interested in one age group I sense this is becoming of less relevance to the OP though, so if your curiousity persists, you could message me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie's life is Average)
    Likewise with location, sorry. After a spate in a variety of sports, I peaked at county football but the team was discontinued after a year, the manager was only interested in one age group I sense this is becoming of less relevance to the OP though, so if your curiousity persists, you could message me.
    No, I would rather not. You seem to be keen on dodging my questions. You wont provide details of where you train?? Yeah, whatever, your coach is amateur at best. You made a highly questionable statement, when one does this more often than not the individuals credentials are called into question. You have failed to provide sufficient verification of the source of your training methodologies, hence you are brought into disrepute.

I mean, honestly, why wont you provide details of where you train. What are you afraid of?

No, I would rather not. You seem to be keen on dodging my questions. You wont provide details of where you train?? Yeah, whatever, your coach is amateur at best. You made a highly questionable statement, when one does this more often than not the individuals credentials are called into question. You have failed to provide sufficient verification of the source of your training methodologies, hence you are brought into disrepute.

I mean, honestly, why wont you provide details of where you train. What are you afraid of?
    According to her post they don't train there now, so oh noes if someone found out :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:

I live in the area where I trained? If you don't understand why I'm unwilling to post my address and identity all over the internet I'm afraid there's little hope for you.

You didn't ask for the source of my training methodologies, you asked where I trained and who I trained with. Who I train with does not indicate the training programme, since this differs from individual to individual. Where I train tells you nothing about my training programme whatsoever. Even my football training programmes would be useless to the OP.

If you don't want to message me, I'd appreciate it if you didn't quote me anymore on a matter that is not relevant to the OP.

ReputationRep:
    Alot of people seem to be misunderstanding what the OP means.

He want's to build some 'proper' muscle.

Nothing he will be able to gain from running, situps, press ups etc

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    PEDOBEAR

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    PEDOBEAR

:woo:
    A thread isn't complete without him.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I didn't relise the picture was so big though...

I love how these threads turn out, just so funny.

OP- ignore all this nonsense about running. Get on a decent program like Starting strength/ WS4SB. 180KG is more than enough for a beginner, you probably only need about 80-100kg to start off with.

All you need is a squat rack, barbell, weights and bench. Maybe get a powerbar too.

Try http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/ for some good deals. If you call them up or email them you can negotiate a decent price.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.