Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is late February/early March too late to apply for student finance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Starting uni in September. But I know student finance messed people up last year. Will I have any problems if I apply late?

I just sent off my application for my passport renewal. It usaually takes maybe a month for a new passport to arrive.

I prefer to apply early but can't be asked to go back to my secondary school to get a teacher to sign a form. Because without a passport, I will have take the birth certificate sending option.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it should be a problem, but ring them up and check

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when the deadline is supposed to be anyway? I can't seem to find it.

I think they only let us apply earlier this year because they complete messed up last year.

ReputationRep:
    Deadline for means tested I think is in April. However, it could be weeks before they get round to looking at your (and your parents) application and therefore, you should do it ASAP. I completed my own application in April, my mother's a couple of weeks later and it was so messed up I would have got my finance late (ended up not going to uni anyway but if I did it would be weeks/months before I got my money).

I'm applying again tonight.

ReputationRep:
    You can still apply for up to 6 months after the start of your course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Lettuce)
    Anyone know when the deadline is supposed to be anyway? I can't seem to find it.

i think they only let us apply earlier this year because they complete messed up last year.

Student finance: how and when to apply

The timing of the application process has got earlier on purpose

The plan for next year is to allow students to apply for funding roughly the same time they apply through UCAS - i.e. September 2010 for September 2011 starts

We'll see if that happens

ReputationRep:
    Oh never mind. I found the deadline. It's 25th June for means tested. Which is what I am applying for.

ReputationRep:
    I applied in July/August and I got my loan on time. I think it's because I'm an old system customer. Tbh some people can't apply this early because the end of the tax year doesn't coincide with the calendar year... If you can, go for it. But don't stress if its impossible.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.