Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

R.I.P--J. D. Salinger watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Not that sad to be honest, he was really old plus he was kind of a **** in real life.

Not a bad author though.

ReputationRep:
    "I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes"

Rest in Peace.

ReputationRep:
    Good book.

Did he die today? Because it's my birthday and that makes me sad.

I enjoyed Catcher in the Rye. He was so reclusive I'm sure most people probably thought he was already dead.

ReputationRep:
    The Catcher in the Rye is my favourite book

Quite sad, really..... though 91 isn't a bad age to go.

ReputationRep:
    Ew. I can't believe people actually WANT it to be made into a film. What could a film possibly give you that the book couldn't? The film would strip the book, thrash it half to death and then roundly **** it over. The Catcher in the Rye is one of the most perfect pieces of literature ever written. You needn't film it, shouldn't film it.

Though I suppose it would make a good film if there were no book.

ReputationRep:
    RIP JD Salinger

ReputationRep:
    he wrote one of the best books ever!!! but he was old do it isn't too sad; we've all got to dies some time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    So is Michael Jackson.
    Yeah but Zinn died 2 days ago and was also an author so I was being, y'know, relevant. :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.