Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Ok I'm in a very messy situation and desperately need some help!

    I am currently in my 3rd year at uni doing social work however failed a module first time round, re-did it (it was a practical placement), knew I was going to fail again so decided to not complete it, as withdrawing is better than failing my whole degree! However it also means that I can now not graduate. I am pretty gutted about the whole situation but have kinda known for a while that social work is not for me and should have dopped out a lot sooner really. However, I passed my first 2 years with no problems and obtained 55 credits in my final year. I was wondering how easy (or difficult) it would be to switch courses at this stage and to transfer to a different university? My tutor seems to think that the credits I already have can be carried on to a different course but I was under the impression that I would need to do a final year again. Can anyone help me with this please?
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course


Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.