Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Help!! I am at Leeds Met and in July I was meant to be moving into a 6 bed. My friend and I went in as a pair, and were all set to go in with another group of 4 to fill the house, until they very suddenly bailed on the eve of them signing up. The two of us had just that moment put our own deposits down and signed up. Whoops. And the house is gorgeous.

Do you think we have a good chance of finding another group of 4 to move in with us if we put ads up with unipol etc, at this stage? Is it too late? And if not, is there anything we can do to back away from the agreement? First time househunting and all.

ReputationRep:
    And the lettings agents are fine with just two of you signing for the house, and just two deposits?

ReputationRep:
    They said we should either find a group of 4 to move in with us, or sign an agreement that puts the house back on the market - in the latter case we are still considered the tenants until the house fills up with 6 others, and we don't get our deposits back until the house gets filled up, signed and deposited by this 6, if it ever does.

I'm torn, because it's a great house, and I feel the house is capable of filling up with a different six people. but I'm just not sure if it's worth backing out now and putting my deposit at risk, because if it doesn't fill up again, the two of us are stuck with it either way. Arggggggh.

ReputationRep:
    Try www.accommodationforstudents.com

I found my house on there, and my boyfriend found all his housemates on there last year. Gumtree would be good, too, as would trawling through the Facebook pages for your uni, to see if there's anyone looking for housing

ReputationRep:
    On my uni homepage there are always people looking for accomodation/advertising accomodation on student chat. Try posting on yours (if you can) and you should get some people interested.

ReputationRep:
    I'd keep it and advertise for students. It's quite likely that you'll manage to fill it up, and if you love the house that much others will too!

ReputationRep:
    Cool, thanks for all the links. I'm going to see how the next week goes. I'm also going to talk to my local Unipol office tomorrow and see what they can do for me.

ReputationRep:
    lol ahhh...im at leedsmet too, was originally going to stay in halls again but starting to change my mind now, can't say im a group of 4 though, thanks for the link.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.