Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The TSR Star.)
    You know our June exam this time last year....did we have to learn the same amount of material? :eek3: Doesn't feel like it :sigh: I'm not going to enjoy uni
    Yer i know...im so scared im going to miss my offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The TSR Star.)
    I've never been so worried for a bio exam....
    me too
    Doesn't help that i also have history on the same day and chemistry the next day!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CertifiedAngel)
    me too
    Doesn't help that i also have history on the same day and chemistry the next day!!
    Ahhhhh history on the same day :zomg: Good luck!
    I'm lucky, I only have maths on tuesday and chemistry on thursday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chuck111)
    Yer i know...im so scared im going to miss my offer
    samee D:

ReputationRep:
    me too
    I got chemistry (F335) the next day too.
    Although chem has been going better than biology (strange, as i find chem harder). But im so desperate to get AAB, im with the rest of you. Im so fearful of this exam its unreal. Thank god itll be over soon, ive been so stressed about this forever!!!

ReputationRep:
    I REALLY hope loads on transcription and translation will come up. Please.

ReputationRep:
    remember they have to ask at least one topic from each module so defo something on ecosystems, definately something on genes, plants, brains and animals etc
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    I think everyones scared . I looked at both heinemann books, I swear ours is MILES thicker o_O

ReputationRep:
    lol the thickness of a2 unit 2 is equivalent to the thickness of AS modules combined!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TX22)
    I REALLY hope loads on transcription and translation will come up. Please.

there was like a 10marker in the specimen so i doubt theres gunna be a 10marker in this exam

ReputationRep:
    they could ask some much on this unit.

half of the crap wont even come up.

I am preparing as if this will be a hard exa, i got a feeling it will be really hard.

ReputationRep:
    I imagine the grade boundaries will be quite low for this exam though, because of the large amount of content

ReputationRep:
    me too
    Yeah same is that edexcel history? I'am doing the US boom and bust. Swear if I hear bloody "New Deal" or "Relief, Recovery, Reform" or "Voluntarism" again, I'm gonna jump off a ******* cliff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chuck111)
    there was like a 10marker in the specimen so i doubt theres gunna be a 10marker in this exam
    What do you reckon about the genetics stuff. I'am finding it difficult to get my head around that atm and for some reason I'm struggling with Meiosis as well. The nature stuff's piss though- I hope loads of that comes up.

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know why Auxins inhibit lateral growth?

ReputationRep:
    i have seen in a mark schemes; credit correct marking points from diagrams.

Does that mean you get a mark.

What does AVP mean in mark schemes, i have been doing some questions and i have seen that sign. What does it mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chunkeymonkey62)
    Do we need to know why Auxins inhibit lateral growth?
    Yes. Apical dominance~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TX22)

What does AVP mean in mark schemes, i have been doing some questions and i have seen that sign. What does it mean.
    Dunno but would it mean Alternate Valid point?
    P.S I better sleep now later!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TX22)

AVP is usually Aliens Vs Predator, but in marking terms it means Any Valid Point, :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    Yeah same is that edexcel history? I'am doing the US boom and bust. Swear if I hear bloody "New Deal" or "Relief, Recovery, Reform" or "Voluntarism" again, I'm gonna jump off a ******* cliff.
    Yeo but im doing Germany, Kaiser to Fuhrer. Now i know why people dont do both biology and history a levels, the amount of stuff to learn is immense!

Falcon91 - I find chemistry harder but dont have to revise as much as i do for biology to get a decent grade
    Thanx TSR STAR ooh thats almost as bad as mine 3 exams in a row. Good luck to you too.
    At least I have 7 days to revise for the retake :woo:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.