Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CertifiedAngel)
    Yeo but im doing Germany, Kaiser to Fuhrer. Now i know why people dont do both biology and history a levels, the amount of stuff to learn is immense!

Falcon91 - I find chemistry harder but dont have to revise as much as i do for biology to get a decent grade
    Thanx TSR STAR ooh thats almost as bad as mine 3 exams in a row. Good luck to you too.
    At least I have 7 days to revise for the retake :woo:
    Yeah crazy stuff. I still have half my history AND biology to do :bawling: Good luck with your exams though!!

ReputationRep:
    so does AVP; in mark schemes mean anything next to that will get a mark and is valid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TX22)
    so does AVP; in mark schemes mean anything next to that will get a mark and is valid.
    AVP = Any valid point :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    Hey.

I've just stumbled across this really good bit of information. It's to do with the exam and how they're assessed.

Yeah, so basically that's what we should expect. About 20% of the marks will be synoptic! While only 36% is actually recalling/ copying what you've remember from the book. So it's not just memorising the stuff, it's making sure you understand it! Which I think is mainly where I mess up I used to see biology as just a memorising subject when it is in fact not the case.

Anyway, I'm tired. Gonna go to bed and wake up early to start C4 revision for Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterJomi)
    Hey.

I've just stumbled across this really good bit of information. It's to do with the exam and how they're assessed.

Yeah, so basically that's what we should expect. About 20% of the marks will be synoptic! While only 36% is actually recalling/ copying what you've remember from the book. So it's not just memorising the stuff, it's making sure you understand it! Which I think is mainly where I mess up I used to see biology as just a memorising subject when it is in fact not the case.

Anyway, I'm tired. Gonna go to bed and wake up early to start C4 revision for Tuesday.
    oh dear!! thats why I got such a bad mark in january then!

ReputationRep:
    i dont know anything about genetic diagrams crap...

panicmode atm rlly.

does any1 know a good revision site or some tips to revise the last 11 chapters of the first module?

ReputationRep:
    Hey.

Oh my god...no wander i failed January and this is going to be interesting, but i think i understand more of this module than January's, i just hope i get all the memorizing questions correct and then a few others need to go my way... =S

ReputationRep:
    Hey.

lol yep explains why I failed in jan :P
    just expected recall -.-
    cheers tells me which part i need to focus most on (AO2) and synoptic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Falcon91)
    Oh my god...no wander i failed January and this is going to be interesting, but i think i understand more of this module than January's, i just hope i get all the memorizing questions correct and then a few others need to go my way... =S
    lol im alot more scared of the exam, now ive seen that, im terrible at the applying the context to different situations -.-
    bye bye uni for me
    /cry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chuck111)
    lol im alot more scared of the exam, now ive seen that, im terrible at the applying the context to different situations -.-
    bye bye uni for me
    /cry
    Well i thought about it this way...half of it was understanding last year. So we those of us who did learn it all off and got good marks DID understand it. So we probably do get it, but in Jan i went in expecting just to rattle off info + i panicked lol. Im sure youll be fine >.< Although, how do you work on your understanding, as you said above? :P

In the meantime, ive got to do computing revision, maybe some biology later

ReputationRep:
    I'm okay with applying the vague idea of a thing to other things, but fail at memorising... So like any other sensible person I concentrated all revision efforts on the latter, and was needless to say, completely screwed over d:

Also, I find myself constantly stretched for time in in biology exams D: Does anyone else get that? I wasn't even able to finish the Jan paper on time.

ReputationRep:
    Hey.

That's a joke, each paper will address how science works as much as possible?

ReputationRep:
    how come the total percentage on the F215 doesn't add up to 100%, it adds up to 120%?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stinky908)
    how come the total percentage on the F215 doesn't add up to 100%, it adds up to 120%?
    The 20% synoptic is probably included in the A01/2/3 sections.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    That's a joke, each paper will address how science works as much as possible?
    Yeah. But I don't think it'll be too bad. Probably just stuff like how immobilised enzymes work in industry or sustainable management. That kind of thing... I think. :rolleyes:

(Original post by chuck111)
    bye bye uni for me
    /cry
    At least we know now. Better late than never! :woo:
    Just got to make sure we understand each part.

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question, a simple true or false I can't seem to remember;

---------------------------------------------------------------Transcription-------Replication
    "only the part of the DNA molecule containing the gene unwinds"------???---------------???

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. But I don't think it'll be too bad. Probably just stuff like how immobilised enzymes work in industry or sustainable management. That kind of thing... I think. :rolleyes:
    DRD4 :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    DRD4 :nothing:
    Oh yeah.

Gah, got so much more revision to do for this exam. But now I'm doubting whether all these paper packs generated from past papers will help with the all 3 sections.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah.

Gah, got so much more revision to do for this exam. But now I'm doubting whether all these paper packs generated from past papers will help with the all 3 sections.
    Same :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Oh DAMN. 20% synoptic- I haven't done any yet! 3 days *PANICK*!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2014

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.