Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ohhai)
    Practice...
    What you want to do if you're finding them tough is go through the spec. at the top of each page in that chapter. ...If there's little correlation between the specification and the information required in the questions you got wrong then I wouldn't worry too much.
    I take Physics A2 with OCR also and tend to ignore the Practice questions entirely.

ReputationRep:
    sticky ends are pal...........? What word? correct spelling please!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon19921992)
    Sticky ends are formed when plasmids are broken up using restriction enzymes. The sticky ends are complementary to each other and thus the success rate of forming transgenic bacteria is low.

Hope this helps..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blundell91)
    What you want to do if you're finding them tough is go through the spec. at the top of each page in that chapter. ...If there's little correlation between the specification and the information required in the questions you got wrong then I wouldn't worry too much.
    I take Physics A2 with OCR also and tend to ignore the Practice questions entirely.
    I've been through every point on the spec and those practice question had minimal correlation... I suppose I'll just do the specimen paper now and see how that goes..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    So, it draws ominously closer.
    So, I draw ominously more insane. :woo:

I think my brain's going to explode after these two exams, kinda like when you microwave strawberry and milk jelly.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me the definition of dominant , reccessive and complementary epistasis. ???

ReputationRep:
    Palindromic?

ReputationRep:
    Palindromic?

EDIT: woops, jinx

ReputationRep:
    Palindromic! Thats the word!!! thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ohhai)
    I've been through every point on the spec and those practice question had minimal correlation... I suppose I'll just do the specimen paper now and see how that goes..
    I did that yesterday and got 22/100 :'( slthough I've learned a bit since then. btw I think one of the questions isn't a question or a command just a statement...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    So, it draws ominously closer.
    :headfire: :eek3: :headfire:

What am I even doing on here?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MG.GULED)
    Can someone tell me the definition of dominant , reccessive and complementary epistasis. ???
    Dominant epistasis is when you have at least one of a dominant allele masking the expression of another gene.

Recessive epistasis is when you have two copies of a recessive allele masking the expression of another gene.

Complementary epistasis makes my stomach turn to water, because I have never heard of that before :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _lynx_)
    :headfire: :eek3: :headfire:

What am I even doing on here?!

I'm attempting to answer people's questions so I can look like a smartarse

Also, collective panic tends to relax me a bit haha!

ReputationRep:
    PEOPLE i think behaviour will definately come up as it is really applied stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MG.GULED)
    when an allele is always expressed in the phenotype, even if different allele for the same gene is present in the genotype.

An allele is said to be recessive if it is only expressed, in the phenotype, in the presence of another identical allele, or in the absence of a dominant allele, for the same gene( in other words, a recessive phenotype is only expressed in the absence of a dominant allele)

Complementary epistasis - is the interaction of genes without any supression or masking, so each genes contribute to the phenotype working with the rest of the genes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buyingtheticket)
    I did that yesterday and got 22/100 :'( slthough I've learned a bit since then. btw I think one of the questions isn't a question or a command just a statement...
    Yes it was. Spec papers are always hilariously badly written (:

I've put myself off trying to work out how much delicious UMS I need for the grade because it'll distract me. But now I really want to know how screwed I am for tomorrow, so help me out?

The AS is separated by UMS into 90; 150; 60 if I remember correctly? Is A2 split the same way?

Thanks in advance <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guinny)

I've put myself off trying to work out how much delicious UMS I need for the grade because it'll distract me. But now I really want to know how screwed I am for tomorrow, so help me out?

The AS is separated by UMS into 90; 150; 60 if I remember correctly? Is A2 split the same way?

Thanks in advance <3
    YUP:bl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buyingtheticket)
    question 1e of the specimen paper is really weird what question is it asking? to me it looks like a statement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TX22)
    PEOPLE i think behaviour will definitely come up as it is really applied stuff

I think so too, but I'm still dragging my way through the three types of muscle...

I'm planning to get to it before 3pm so I can go over everything until 11pm and continue at 5am... it's going to be a long night!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guinny)

Thanks in advance <3
    yep it is split the same way

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2014
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.