Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Varciani)
    BTW guys, I just found this out from my teacher. The Heinmann textbook and the CGP OCR-Specific revision guide say different things about the use of ATP in muscle contraction - the book says to move and break the cross bridge, but the revision guide said to break and reset the cross bridge.

Teacher said to move and break, just so you can all know.
    Thanks, move and break makes more sense to me.
    Or is it just because I have a grudge against Heinmann ever since they made year 3 maths workbooks...

ReputationRep:
    alot of schools/colleges cheat on their ISA's.

ReputationRep:
    My teacher said we had to learn about autosomes, even though it's not in the book. Is this true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHILLIN-DRAGON)
    im planning on staying late, if it was something like math or chem i would sleep because thats all about understand, but bio is about knowing the content by heart
    yhhh it tru!!!! I think there are going to be a lot of definitions on this paper....lyk the different types of animal behaviour and stuff....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guinny)
    Thanks guys!!! :3

*Calculates* Hmm... 69% for the A assuming my resit doesn't change and UMS doesn't scale. That is do-able. I am pleased.
    i need that excalty as well, but im redoing unit 1, its making silly mistakes like this:

in unit1 when they said why is an anti coagulant added, i wrote to prevent clotting.

in the markscheme i needed to say it prevented clotting "during" dialysis.

btw since were are on similar grades can i ask how far you are on the content, i should be finished by 4-5 then an hour of chem then recap, im not doing exam questions the dont help with bio

revision guide for the win, btw people certain ethical topics are discussed more in the revision book, while the text book expects you to remember it from AS, the revision guide simply repeats it in A2

anyone else just using the revision cards chuck111 created to revise AS?

ReputationRep:
    There is just so much to learn, I am definitely panicking now. I think I need bang on 70% UMS for an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerfish)
    yhhh it tru!!!! I think there are going to be a lot of definitions on this paper....lyk the different types of animal behaviour and stuff....
    ye im going to cover it by 4-5, hour of chem then recap bio maybe do the specimen.

then go over all the definitions needed, not doing any exam questions they dont help much with bio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotCoco.)
    My teacher said we had to learn about autosomes, even though it's not in the book. Is this true?
    I know autosomes aren't the sex chromosomes, all we need to know about sex chromosomes is sex linkage... did she not mean we need to know that it's known as junk DNA or something?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    ye im going to cover it by 4-5, hour of chem then recap bio maybe do the specimen.

then go over all the definitions needed, not doing any exam questions they dont help much with bio
    OMG snap buddy..i was planning on doing that 2 bu lyk 2-3hrs of chem!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    There is just so much to learn, I am definitely panicking now. I think I need bang on 70% UMS for an A.
    i need 66%-72% (cant remeber my ums from unit 1)

im sure content wise you will be fine (use revision book it follows the spec)

after covering everything, im making sure i do stuff like refer to the question in my answer reading it carefully etc unit 1 really screwed me over

ReputationRep:
    OMG, ive covered module 3 as well now. I know all of it by heart...but i need to learn to apply it without panicking D: how is ANYONE practicing on it? questions ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juman786)
    alot of schools/colleges cheat on their ISA's.
    Agreed. The coursework tasks should be sat in an exam hall after you've done two experiments and teachers shouldn't have access to mark schemes. -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerfish)
    OMG snap buddy..i was planning on doing that 2 bu lyk 2-3hrs of chem!!!!
    trust you will notice you wont need that much since its mainly understanding, ive already covered chem, so that 1 hour is to cover it plus maybe a few exam questions, the tomorrow straight 7 hours of chem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Falcon91)
    OMG, ive covered module 3 as well now. I know all of it by heart...but i need to learn to apply it without panicking D: how is ANYONE practicing on it? questions ?
    looking at the pages then repeating in my head the main points. im making sure i know everything by heart, doing a specimen then recap im not doing any other questions, doesnt help much except for small points, for big questions you would have learnt it the way it is in the book anyway

ReputationRep:
    Presuming you're talking about ecosystems, succession, speciation, blah... I call it fluffy biology.

I learnt it by going over it with a relative (or a friend) missing out the keywords (which I would fill in) because it's really doesn't involve any skill, it's just bunches of writing anyone can relate to.

ReputationRep:
    looking at the pages then repeating in my head the main points. im making sure i know everything by heart, doing a specimen then recap im not doing any other questions, doesnt help much except for small points, for big questions you would have learnt it the way it is in the book anyway
    haha, nice ill do the specimen now. Anyway, im doing chemistry as well! but i dont revise anything other than the subject i have for the next day, so today is biology only. I feel like i might have been slacking chem a bit but im more confident ever since january with chemistry, the OCR revision guide for chem is amazingly helpful lol.

ReputationRep:
    haha, nice ill do the specimen now. Anyway, im doing chemistry as well! but i dont revise anything other than the subject i have for the next day, so today is biology only. I feel like i might have been slacking chem a bit but im more confident ever since january with chemistry, the OCR revision guide for chem is amazingly helpful lol.
    i loved the revision guide you can get 90% with them, this year i used the fat book because there wasnt so much waffle.

doing the specimen should be enough for bio.

btw you prob do this, but if you wanna practice for chem from the revision guide, learn from the revision guide them practice on exam questions form the fat book (btw what grades do you need if you dont mind me asking)

ReputationRep:
    my school sprung most of our ISAs on us the day we were doing them. i walked into the classroom at least 3 times to be told i was doing my coursework there and then. not fun.

ReputationRep:
    trust you will notice you wont need that much since its mainly understanding, ive already covered chem, so that 1 hour is to cover it plus maybe a few exam questions, the tomorrow straight 7 hours of chem
    the understanding bit is where the problem comes in!!! Sooo for me, i need a bit more work in chem..

ReputationRep:
    i have a feeling meiosis for plants will come up ... hmmm

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2014
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.