Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someones mum)
    Hi
    My daughter has just had ocr biology result today and failed, she is so devastated, and had results for the exam she resatin the summer but did not improve her grade from D, so more resits in the summer, anyone else in the same posiiton ? College are being very doom and gloom and saying there is no chance she will get her grades which is really unhelpful......
    How best can i help ??/
    Remarqable M's past papers!

ReputationRep:
    I got a B SO happy. I was convinced I got, at most, a C. No re-taking for mee. Bang on target for my uni offer :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someones mum)
    Hi
    My daughter has just had ocr biology result today and failed, she is so devastated, and had results for the exam she resatin the summer but did not improve her grade from D, so more resits in the summer, anyone else in the same posiiton ? College are being very doom and gloom and saying there is no chance she will get her grades which is really unhelpful......
    How best can i help ??/
    It will be very difficult for her to improve now, assuming she's A2 but all is not lost I recommend she starts NOW!! Methodically working through the text book bit by bit, not avoiding bits she doesn't understand. The key to OCR is understanding so you're able to apply your knowledge to an unknown scenario. Past papers and example exam questions are vital (and lots of them)

As a parent, I'm not sure what you can do other than just being supportive. Maybe asking her if there's anything she needs testing on. I made my mum sit down with me and test me on the respiration part (link, krebs, oxidative phosphorylation, etc) so I had it stuck in my memory. Repitition and recall are they key in my opinion. Good luck to her

Just out of interest, will she need to retake pretty much both years in the summer?

ReputationRep:
    I gots 90/90.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    88/90

I'm in a state of shock

ReputationRep:
    68/90.....realistic is all I can say.....but on track.....

ReputationRep:
    I got full marks LMAO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ziffachan)
    I got full marks LMAO
    out of interest, why did you do bio, if you applied to do languages?.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buyingtheticket)
    Remarqable M's past papers!
    I got a C 2 marks away from a B, but resit here I come

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    Oh unlucky but yeah summer resits ftw! Does anyone know when they release the raw-UMS converter things?

ReputationRep:
    How the hell did you above all get a C? Seriously unfair dude, you surely deserve at least an A! - Im really sorry to hear but im sure you will pimp :pimp:slap the resit and get a 100%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DR_X)
    out of interest, why did you do bio, if you applied to do languages?.....
    When I chose my A levels I didn't know what I wanted to do and I wanted to keep my options open Then I ended up reaaaaally enjoy languages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by win2kpro)
    How the hell did you above all get a C? Seriously unfair dude, you surely deserve at least an A! - Im really sorry to hear but im sure you will pimp :pimp:slap the resit and get a 100%
    i know lol but don't worry I won't dissapoint you in summer:p:
    I did get an A though for unit 1 AS biology haha
    and a B in C3(retaking)

ReputationRep:
    Please, no one can fail more than me...I got a U!! 25/90, really was not expecting that bad, I am so angry and disappointed with myself. How the hell did you guys get full marks, As, and Bs?? Please enlighten me, I need a B in biology to actually go to uni. I am still so shocked, this has been the worst day of my life.
    If anyone has any revision techniques that they used, revision resources that they found very useful, then please feel free to tell me.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, I'm really having a hard time understanding how some people on here get really high marks even though after the exam there was a lot of complaining. I'm just a bit shocked with an E. I don't know how to feel, hope people can give some advice on how they did so good.

ReputationRep:
    Aww no you didn't deserve that! REMARK!!! Thank you so much for all your help though, seriously. Would have done soo bad without you guys and your past papers and exam morning tests remarqable lol. Good luck in your resits. You can do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uer23)
    Exactly, I'm really having a hard time understanding how some people on here get really high marks even though after the exam there was a lot of complaining. I'm just a bit shocked with an E. I don't know how to feel, hope people can give some advice on how they did so good.
    Long revision bashing sessions. (By long I mean sometimes in excess of 40 hours cramming. No sleep.) Late nights, early mornings and lots of coffee :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbelle ♥)
    Aww no you didn't deserve that! REMARK!!! Thank you so much for all your help though, seriously. Would have done soo bad without you guys and your past papers and exam morning tests remarqable lol. Good luck in your resits. You can do it
    Hey! thanks for your kind words I really appreciate it this result will not stop me i am more determined now and i will start signing up to my local library:p:
    I haven't used a library this year lol but i borrowed like 5 books on a2 biology from the college library today:lol: :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    LOL and here i got 54/90 boohoo i wonder if remarks gonna help ... ((

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    LOL and here i got 54/90 boohoo i wonder if remarks gonna help ... ((
    I got a U :woo:
    Just resit, you need 65 for a B, so there really isn't any point. You're extremely intelligent, I just think the questions were a bit wtf? They can't make the same mistake in June, so yeah.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2014
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.