Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else only been using Chuck111's notes to revise?

Thank you Chuck111, by the way

ReputationRep:
    Gonna stop 'watching' this thread cos it'll kill me tomorrow seeing how people think it goes. So basically GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

I hope we all ace it!! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekooks)
    Anybody else only been using Chuck111's notes to revise?

Thank you Chuck111, by the way
    im using them

and no problem, hopefully theyre helpin you

ReputationRep:
    I'm cramming like I never done before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noodlecookie)
    I'm assuming it's their interpretation of leaving the cell to divide into an embryo (CGP: "egg cell is stimulated to divide into an embryo" - they don't specifically mention where).
    well one of the teachers at my school said it was to prevent rejection ooooooerrrrrrr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoop)
    Gonna stop 'watching' this thread cos it'll kill me tomorrow seeing how people think it goes. So basically GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

I hope we all ace it!! xx
    lol I should do the same in all honesty, but theres jsut sumthing after exams which makes me want to see how everyone else found it...lol it usually ends with me turning the computer off depressed and sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chuck111)
    lol I should do the same in all honesty, but theres jsut sumthing after exams which makes me want to see how everyone else found it...lol it usually ends with me turning the computer off depressed and sad
    Lol exactly, and I don't think I could quite cope with that this year. Knowing that Liverpool have rejected me before they even kno is too depressing to think about. Will be gutted if I don't get the grades - can't face learning this stuff again!!

ReputationRep:
    omg am i supposed to remember the kreb cycle etc :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

i was just planning on doing some of chucks111 revision notes before i sleep for the synoptic stuff

ReputationRep:
    anyone care to explain somatic and germ line therapy pleaaaase??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buyingtheticket)
    Makes you wonder why certain people at private schools then struggle in the exams...Oh well they'll be screwed when they go to uni and it's a level playing field.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    lol when im reading last years revision cards I made, i just like wow this was so easy -.-

ReputationRep:
    for PCR, does anyone remember what temperature it is cooled to. It says between 50 - 65

is it actually

ReputationRep:
    if this exam is even ok in difficulty tomorrow i will be so happy considering how hard unit 4 was

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain the difference between latent learning and operant conditioning, please?

I really don.t get the difference between the two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TX22)
    for PCR, does anyone remember what temperature it is cooled to. It says between 50 - 65

is it actually
    55 degrees celsius.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by majid81)
    55 degrees celsius.
    Then heated to a ridiculously specific 72 degrees celcius :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _lynx_)
    Then heated to a ridiculously specific 72 degrees celcius :rolleyes:
    yup :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tara592)
    anyone care to explain somatic and germ line therapy pleaaaase??
    Well gene therapy is the treatment of genetic disorders using gene technology

Somatic cell therapy is treatment when the functioning allele of a gene is introduced into the target cells
    Sometimes Involves removing cells treating them and replacing them
    Due to the cells being somatic it means treatment is shortlived and needs to be repeated regularly
    Difficulties in getting the allele ino the genome ina functioning state

Germline cell gene therapy is when the functioning allele of a gene is introduced into germline cells (gametes)
    Introduction into the germline cells means that all cells derived from these cells will contain a copy of the functioning allele
    Thought as unethical to genetically engineer human embryos

hopefully this is correct kinda dont get this -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valh)
    Can someone explain the difference between latent learning and operant conditioning, please?

I really don.t get the difference between the two
    Latent learning is when an organism retains information about its surroundings so that in times of danger it knows its surroundings (e.g danger from predators)

Operant learniing is when an animal learns to carry out a particular task in order to recieive a reward or punishment for completing that particular task (e.g pressing a button)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dopeyangel101)
    well one of the teachers at my school said it was to prevent rejection ooooooerrrrrrr.
    Sorry for the late reply, I'm revising a bit and then milling around a bit!

I don't see how putting it in another organism prevents rejection... ah I don't know. But i'll say it's to prevent rejection if it comes up.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2014

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.