The Student Room Group

OCR 2010 A2 Biology Unit 2 - Control, Genome and Environment

Scroll to see replies

TX22
i think golden rice will come up for a 7 marker and meiosis for an 8 marker.

what is there to say on golden rice for 7 marks? :eek:
The TSR Star.
Really? The spec just says the formula.

It'll say something like "the critical value for XX with XX degrees of freedom is XX" - the critical value is almost always seven point something... think it's 7.82.
Reply 2862
hey chuck.

what are you're other biology modules like? If you did well in the other modules then i dont think you have to worry lol

chuck111
yer lol :biggrin:
its kinda like revision for me too answering these questions :biggrin:
xxbeckyjohnsonxx

was wondering exactly the same thing
id die if there wa sa 7marker on tht
Reply 2864
i dunno just guessing really.

but theres always a 7 marker and an 8 marker question in these exams as i read the spec and it said F212 ( Unit 2) and F215 - this unit will have extended writing which means an 8 marker question.

xxbeckyjohnsonxx
well they'll have to give you the critical formula, otherwise theres no way you can answer the question :/
I couldn't write 7 marks on Golden Rice...I'm hoping for long questions on cloning and/or biotechnology :smile:

Good luck everyone! I'm really struggling to remember everything for this exam :s-smilie:
lil_miss_rapunzel
I couldn't write 7 marks on Golden Rice...I'm hoping for long questions on cloning and/or biotechnology :smile:

Good luck everyone! I'm really struggling to remember everything for this exam :s-smilie:

Is that the agrobacterium tumafaciens stuff? How would you extract the gene?
just a question on the DRD4 gene, the last paragraph on page 246. if people had the DRD4 receptor that increases addictive behaviours, would i be right to say its because the DRD4 receptor is less responsive to dopamine, so there is less sense of general pleasure or reward so they develop addictive behaviours and take risks more?
TX22
hey chuck.

what are you're other biology modules like? If you did well in the other modules then i dont think you have to worry lol

my A2 ones are terrible including the practical (got like 28/40), retaking F214 because i got a D in that -.- , But to get a B overall I need without retaking F214 i need a high D in this exam. Im aiming for an A so kinda really need this F215 exam to go well and the F214 to go good aswell
Reply 2870
Hoping for long answer question on natural and artificial selection and batch/continous culture.
Golden rice....

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know the advantages and disadvantages of using ACFOR measurements. I know a disadvantage is that the measurement is subjective but what else?

Also, what do we need to know about kite diagrams?
Heyyy just returned from the library, one thing that came up was about stop codons.

In my OCR Sue Hocking textbook it says the three stop codons are UAA, UGA and UAC.

However in the Heinemann revision guide it says they are UAA, UGA and UAG.

:eek3: Which is it?
xxbeckyjohnsonxx

You can talk about how transformed plants are "made"

Psy gene (dafodill)
ctrl gene (bacterium)

Then all the restriciton enzymes/plasmid/marker genes all apply aas they do in genetic engineering.

Golden rice is just genetic engineering rice to produce beta carotene, so just talk about genetic engineering!:smile: ...i could see a big mark question on it coming up:yep:
Reply 2875
Chelbobalopolus
just a question on the DRD4 gene, the last paragraph on page 246. if people had the DRD4 receptor that increases addictive behaviours, would i be right to say its because the DRD4 receptor is less responsive to dopamine, so there is less sense of general pleasure or reward so they develop addictive behaviours and take risks more?

I would say the opposite, increased sensitivity increased pleasure leading to addiction.
HumanNature1992
You can talk about how transformed plants are "made"

Psy gene (dafodill)
ctrl gene (bacterium)

Then all the restriciton enzymes/plasmid/marker genes all apply aas they do in genetic engineering.

Golden rice is just genetic engineering rice to produce beta carotene, so just talk about genetic engineering!:smile: ...i could see a big mark question on it coming up:yep:

'Distinguish between the terms conservation and preservation'
Anyone know the difference?
Reply 2878
DCalfine
Hi everyone.

Does anyone know the advantages and disadvantages of using ACFOR measurements. I know a disadvantage is that the measurement is subjective but what else?

Also, what do we need to know about kite diagrams?

Advantages: No test required, quick to assess

Disadvantages: Opinionated making it hard to compare results
Beating Around The Bush
Heyyy just returned from the library, one thing that came up was about stop codons.

In my OCR Sue Hocking textbook it says the three stop codons are UAA, UGA and UAC.

However in the Heinemann revision guide it says they are UAA, UGA and UAG.

:eek3: Which is it?

hmm i doubt they will ask you to name all 3 stop codons so jsut stick will UAA and UGA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending