Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Have No Imagination)
    I got a U :woo:
    Just resit, you need 65 for a B, so there really isn't any point. You're extremely intelligent, I just think the questions were a bit wtf? They can't make the same mistake in June, so yeah.
    yea.. and same for you too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    I gots 90/90.
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    88/90

I'm in a state of shock
    (Original post by Ziffachan)
    I got full marks LMAO
    How did you guys do so well ? Any tips ? I honestly tried my best but I still ended messing it up.

Btw Congratz on those brilliant results.

ReputationRep:
    Check out the first post! updated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    88/90

I'm in a state of shock
    Post your study tips and tips on how to tackle A2 questions.:p:

cograts by the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ziffachan)
    I got full marks LMAO
    Post your study tips and tips on how to approach A2 bio questions:p:

cograts by the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    Check out the first post! updated
    The pack doesn't seem to be loading??

:bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Have No Imagination)
    The pack doesn't seem to be loading??

:bawling:
    New link: Version 3 http://www.mediafire.com/?1zz3n5r5kdt

ReputationRep:
    Module 2 Version 3: http://www.mediafire.com/?1zz3n5r5kdt
    Pleaseeeeeeeeeee help me!!!!

Is this correct:
    1) Two chromatids (sister chromatids joined at the centromere) form a chromosome?

2) Okay, this bit confuses me. Is chromatin DNA that is "uncondensed"? So, am I right in thinking that it is not wrapped around histones? And when chromatin does condense, it does wrap around histones?

I'm so baffed.

ReputationRep:
    ok then :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    ok then :puppyeyes:
    :lol:

1) correct

2) i think so although i'm not 100% sure. Doesn't it wrap around histone:hmmmm2:?

ReputationRep:
    i got 63/90....I just scraped a B....i had a feeling i didnt do enough to get an A...i.e when it says reffer to table i shouldve quoted data and as for the seal question....Arghhh!! :swear:

ReputationRep:
    what chapter are people up to?...ive just started at 7....are there any difficult chapters that i should prioritise first?

ReputationRep:
    Post your study tips and tips on how to approach A2 bio questions:p:

cograts by the way
    I don't have any really Basically I wrote up all my notes into a big notebook, did the quick check questions from the revision guide, revised things as I went along that I wasn't as confident with, did the sample exam questions in the revision guide/textbook, revised again anything I lost marks on I didn't do anything special really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadMaths)
    i got 63/90....I just scraped a B....i had a feeling i didnt do enough to get an A...i.e when it says reffer to table i shouldve quoted data and as for the seal question....Arghhh!! :swear:
    OO have you got the mark scheme for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    OO have you got the mark scheme for it?
    no, sorry

ReputationRep:
    I will give +rep to whoever answers this for me.

Is this correct:
    1) Two chromatids (sister chromatids joined at the centromere) form a chromosome?

2) Okay, this bit confuses me. Is chromatin DNA that is "uncondensed"? So, am I right in thinking that it is not wrapped around histones? And when chromatin does condense, it does wrap around histones?

ReputationRep:

Is this correct:

1) is correct....1 chromatid can also be called a chromosome, depending on their stage of development
    2)Methylation of histones. The allele is wrapped around the histones, and when their tails are methylated, the histones stay closely condense and do not let any transcription factors bind to their elements for transcription-therefore the histones are wrapped around at all times, but is the substance that condenses and uncondenses ----number two is partially correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadMaths)
    1) is correct....1 chromatid can also be called a chromosome, depending on their stage of development
    2)Methylation of histones. The allele is wrapped around the histones, and when their tails are methylated, the histones stay closely condense and do not let any transcription factors bind to their elements for transcription-therefore the histones are wrapped around at all times, but is the substance that condenses and uncondenses ----number two is partially correct
    .................:confused:

Can you break that down to me? Imagine I'm a 8 year old and I ask you what chromatin is/what the difference between chromosomes and chromatin is?

ReputationRep:
    .................:confused:

Can you break that down to me? Imagine I'm a 8 year old and I ask you what chromatin is/what the difference between chromosomes and chromatin is?
    A chromosome is a discrete portion of chromatin. You could imagine a closet full of cotton shirts, each a different color. Each shirt could represent a chromosome. The material they are all made of is still cotton, which could represent chromatin. If you cut all the shirts up with scissors, you'll still have cotton; i.e. there is still some recognizable structure. Similarly, you could enzymatically cut up chromosomes and still have recognizable chromatin structure.

so what im saying is that chromosomes are built up by a mixture of DNA and proteins (histones and other elements)...it is this that decondenses such as in interpahse and condenses

CHROMATIN: A complex of DNA and proteins (histones and nonhistones) that forms each chromosome and is found in the nucleus of all eukaryotes. Decondensed and threadlike during interphase.

CHROMATIN CONDENSATION: Compaction of different regions of interphase chromosomes that is mediated by the histones.

ReputationRep:

Is this correct:

A few of the things are explained in this video.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.