The Student Room Group

OCR 2010 A2 Biology Unit 2 - Control, Genome and Environment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2980
Hey I thought I may aswel post up my notes aswel incase it could help some people out, I have made them for modules 1, 2 and 3.

Module 1 - Cellular Control.docx

Module 2 - Biotechnology and gene technologies.docx

Module 3 - Ecosystems and sustainability.docx
The TSR Star.
Everyone is ignoring me though lol. I think they all hate me already. Artificial selection please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well there's not a lot to go over for that one..

Bread wheat produces a high yield, and this is why:
1. Large-eared wheat plants (i.e. high yielders) are bred together
2. The offspring with the largest ears and highest yield are bred together
3. The offspring of that with the largest ears and highest yield are bred together

and so on for ages and ages

4. Ta-da... a plant with large ears and a VERY high yield!

.... That's pretty much it!
Everyone who has negged me, I hope you all fail :smile: Karma's a bitch. You just watch. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
In transcription some people are saying the DNA unravels by dipping into nucleolus, other by DNA helicase. Which is it? (I haven't got any mark scheme to look on for this answer) Thanks
Reply 2984
Seeing as people are posting up notes...Anyone have anything easy to understand and learn for Animal Responses? Because it's really confusing...not the brain things but the muscle contraction...
Talon19921992
In transcription some people are saying the DNA unravels by dipping into nucleolus, other by DNA helicase. Which is it? (I haven't got any mark scheme to look on for this answer) Thanks

I was always taught it was uncoiled by DNA helicase, I have no idea what "dipping into the nucleolus" means :confused:
Reply 2986
Talon19921992

What? DNA unravels because RNA polymerase binds to a gene at the start of a DNA molecule...Hydrogen bonds b/w the two strands break so you are left with two uncoiled strands of DNA one of which is used as a template to make mRNA
Reply 2987
The TSR Star.
Everyone who has negged me, I hope you all fail :smile: Karma's a bitch. You just watch. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So surely that means the same for you? By you hoping they all fail, you will? Karma's a b*tch :biggrin:
Mit321
So surely that means the same for you? By you hoping they all fail, you will? Karma's a b*tch :biggrin:

Nope.
Reply 2989
The TSR Star.

if we all fail, then no one will fail.......the wonders of UMS.....:rolleyes:
noodlecookie

3. The offspring of that with the largest ears and highest yield are bred together

Thank you soooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DR_X

huh? I clearly said to the people that have negged me? I didn't say everyone :facepalm2:
DR_X

OMG yeah I forgot that EVERYONE DO FANCYPANTSRUBBISH IN THE EXAM PLEASE TY :biggrin:
Reply 2993
Seriously Concentrate on the bio exam people :P Stop being childish. It's Rep - grow up.
Reply 2994
The TSR Star.
huh? I clearly said to the people that have negged me? I didn't say everyone :facepalm2:

I can see why you have neg rep.....
Reply 2995
noodlecookie
OMG yeah I forgot that EVERYONE DO FANCYPANTSRUBBISH IN THE EXAM PLEASE TY :biggrin:

LOL and then you trick us all and end up with full ums -_-
Reply 2996
noodlecookie
I was always taught it was uncoiled by DNA helicase, I have no idea what "dipping into the nucleolus" means :confused:

Transcription - dipping into nucleolus

IN REPLICATION - helicase enzyme separates the strands...

Eating btw, so trying to be productive while eating :s-smilie:
Mit321
I can see why you have neg rep.....

Why? I only got neg rep because I disagreed with surrogacy agreements not being legally binding. I used to have 3 green gems. The fact that I have neg rep makes everyone see my post as worthless. And people, like you, make comments like that.
Question: Explain the different types of immobilising enzymes, and the advantages of immobilisation in general.

Partly to see what other people say and to get people thinking :smile:
noodlecookie

do we not need to know the specific gene letters for them or just state the process of selective breeding like how you put it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending