do you all still hate me? i am helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The TSR Star.)
    do you all still hate me? i am helpful
    lol if i +rep you can you please stop talkign about the negging

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    I am going through genetics question paper as thats my only weak spot :p:
    yeah im crap at that ......is there a pack just based on genetics??? and if so where can i get it???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chuck111)
    lol if i +rep you can you please stop talkign about the negging
    loool I stopped It's just the internet anyway, I shouldn't care. It's just that people are prejudiced against me because my gemz are red :sad:

Ah well. Back to the stuff that matters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The TSR Star.)
    loool I stopped It's just the internet anyway, I shouldn't care. It's just that people are prejudiced against me because my gemz are red :sad:

Ah well. Back to the stuff that matters.
    lol looks like this is TSR's answer to racism lol

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me learn the different types of learned behaviour (habituation, classical conditioning, operant conditioning, latent learning, insight learning)?

I will repay you with (virtual) cookies (choc chip variety)

ReputationRep:
    Yeay good luck everyone for now Let me nail on this MODULE BIG TIME!!! Apart from habitat,eco stuff <_< rest is ok... god I hate it .....
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    I reckon we should all have a big msn sesh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Yeay good luck everyone for now Let me nail on this MODULE BIG TIME!!! Apart from habitat,eco stuff <_< rest is ok... god I hate it .....
    Good luck and yes I hate it too - next time anyone mentions Galapagos or "huh what's gee-emm foodz" I'm slapping them with a fish

ReputationRep:
    meiosis:

prophase 1:

the chromosomes condense becoming shorter and thicker, they can be stained and viewed under a light microscope. Homologous chromosomes pair up to form a bivalent. the non sister chromatids wrap around each other and attach at points called chiasmata ( singular chiasma) They may swap sections of chromotids with one another in a process called crossing over. spindle fibres move to opposite poles and produce spindle fibres.The nuclear envelop breaks down.

ReputationRep:
    Huntigtons disease Symptoms:
    1)Involuntary Muscle contraction
    2)Death of brain cells.
    3)Mental deterioration
    4)Increase in brain ventricle size.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Anyone want to explain what the hardy weinburg principle means ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noodlecookie)
    Can anyone help me learn the different types of learned behaviour (habituation, classical conditioning, operant conditioning, latent learning, insight learning)?

Habituation- remember getting into the habit to help. Learning to ignore a stimulus because of repeated exposure gives neither reward not punishment.

Classical Conditioning- remember Pavlov and the dog. Food= Dog salivating. Food+ Bell+ Salivating. After many times just Bell= Salivating. It has become a conditioned response

Operant Conditioning- Trial and Error Learning, e.g. a monkey learns to press a button because he gets a treat/ learns not to press it because it electrocutes him.

Latent Learning- exploring and remembering stuff incase it comes in handy.

Insight Learning- Logic. Human and some primates have it. Thinking and Reasoning e.g. Monkey building up boxes to get to banana's.

ReputationRep:

Habituation is when animals learn to ignore certain stimuli becuase repeated exposure to the stimuli has resulted in no reward nor punishment

Classical conditioning is when an uncondisioned stimulus is associated with a conditioned stimulus which results in a conditioned response. This means animals can learn to relate a pair of events together

Operant learning is when an animal learns to carry out a particular task in order to receive a reward or avoid a punishment

Latent learning is when an animal explores its new surroundings and retains this information for use when in situations of danger (predators)

Insight learning is the ability to think and reason in order to solve problems or deal with situations in a way that does not resemble simple reflexes. Once solved the solution is remembered

Ummm can I hve my cookie now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsNeverLupus)
    Confused now as the book seems to say H-zone :confused:
    hence why i asked the question :cry:

ReputationRep:

Righty ho then.
    Habituation: where the organism learns to get used to a stimulus (eg people living near busy roads) as it doesnt pose a threat, thereby conserving energy and less stress
    CLassical con: Learning to associate one stimulus with another, eg Pavlov's dogs. When fed saliva was produced. Then a bell was rang while the dogs were fed. Soon when the bell was rung, the dogs began to salivate in anticipation of food
    Operant: Learning to do something/not do something for pleasure/pain. Eg rat in box accidently pushes lever, food comes out. Soon the rat pushes the lever because it associates it with food.
    Latent: Exploring surroundings in case it may save their life in emergency situation (eg baby rabbits learning their warrens)
    Insight: Highest form of learning, reasoning, lack of trial and error, problem solving. Once the problem is solved, the solution is 'saved' for future reference.

Hope that helps, took ages to type

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    I reckon we should all have a big msn sesh.
    lol -.- if only we had thought about this earlier would have been great tbh lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ill do it, btw up for msn sess only if people are willing to give out their MSN's haha :P

Anyway.

HW principle is simple, it states that if nothing is taken out or put into the system then the allele frequency from one generation to the next should be the same.
    p + q = 1
    P^2 + q^2 + 2pq = 1 where q^2 = the frequency of the recessive allele in a population. 2pq = heterozygous individuals.

It only holds true if there is:
    -a large population
    -no immigration, no emigration, no genetic drift or mutation
    -Random Mating
    -No selection pressures

Btw for muscles theres bands (I and A), lines (M and Z) and theres one zone, the H zone I,A,Z and H all get smaller during contraction, only A and M remain the same.

ReputationRep:

who gets the cookie lol like 3 people replied :P

ReputationRep:
    Sure: It basically relates all the different genotypic ratio. i.e estimation of allele frequencies
    so p^2+2pq+q^2 =1 where
    p = Homo dominant allele, Q: Homo recessive allele and PQ: Hetero.
    Sorry kind rushed it (multitasking) :/
    p = the frequency of the dominant allele (represented here by A)
    q = the frequency of the recessive allele (represented here by a)

For a population in genetic equilibrium:
    p + q = 1.0 (The sum of the frequencies of both alleles is 100%.)

For any further question post it up and quote me back

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2014
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.