The Student Room Group

OCR 2010 A2 Biology Unit 2 - Control, Genome and Environment

Scroll to see replies

Liverpool F.C.™
A few of the things are explained in this video.

Thanks this explains it well:smile:
Liverpool F.C.™
A few of the things are explained in this video.

Dude, that guy is amazing :p:
Guys has anyone started module 4: Responding to the environment
having trouble understanding the sliding filament model
if anyone has learnt this could they please break it down simply for me
CreativeBass
Guys has anyone started module 4: Responding to the environment
having trouble understanding the sliding filament model
if anyone has learnt this could they please break it down simply for me

Wow module 4:yikes:, so has your class finished module 1, 2 and 3 completely in depth?
Remarqable M
Wow module 4:yikes:, so has your class finished module 1, 2 and 3 completely in depth?

Well we have finished modules one and two (although our teacher left bits out that we 'should' be able to do ourself) We have done most of module three, not finished it, but doing module 4 with it.
However, I personally don't feel like I've learnt alot, we finshed module two in two weeks, which is about 6lessons, doesnt seem enough to me. Our techer seems to be rushing it because she feels module 4 is short but quite difficult.
So to answer your question, no not in depth =[ Its consisted of a lot of independent learning tbh.
CreativeBass
Well we have finished modules one and two (although our teacher left bits out that we 'should' be able to do ourself) We have done most of module three, not finished it, but doing module 4 with it.
However, I personally don't feel like I've learnt alot, we finshed module two in two weeks, which is about 6lessons, doesnt seem enough to me. Our techer seems to be rushing it because she feels module 4 is short but quite difficult.
So to answer your question, no not in depth =[ Its consisted of a lot of independent learning tbh.

i think your teacher is rushing things to quickly and it's only march, but i hope for your sake he goes through them again just to reinforce whatever you've learned so far:smile:
revising for all modules when the exam is approaching is going to be a pain in the neck:eek:
win2kpro
Dude, that guy is amazing :p:

:yes: he sure is. You can find more of his videos here Khan Academy
Remarqable M
i think your teacher is rushing things to quickly and it's only march, but i hope for your sake he goes through them again just to reinforce whatever you've learned so far:smile:
revising for all modules when the exam is approaching is going to be a pain in the neck:eek:

Ye I think so too, we have got some practicals to do too though.
Ye it really is, doesnt help that I'm retaking the other unit too. But unit four for biology is exactly one week after my last exam (maths) so do you think if I didnt do any unit 4 biology and only revised that one week, for that one exam, is it enough?
How far in the syllabus have you got in this unit?
CreativeBass
Ye I think so too, we have got some practicals to do too though.
Ye it really is, doesnt help that I'm retaking the other unit too. But unit four for biology is exactly one week after my last exam (maths) so do you think if I didnt do any unit 4 biology and only revised that one week, for that one exam, is it enough?
How far in the syllabus have you got in this unit?

Well we've done module 2 and now we're on module 1 and soon as we finish that we'll move on to module 3:smile:

You've got exactly 9 days(after your F215 exam) to revise for you F214 which is reasonable:smile:
Reply 309
Remarqable M
Well we've done module 2 and now we're on module 1 and soon as we finish that we'll move on to module 3:smile:

You've got exactly 9 days(after your F215 exam) to revise for you F214 which is reasonable:smile:

I wouldn't leave it to those last 9 days to revise for F214, you'd want to leave plenty of time in order not to be cramming in that last week or so. What I'm doing is revising for F214 (along with my A2 Chemistry Unit 1) in the mornings by waking up earlier than I usually do.
My school has access to Biology Factsheets. Let me know if you find them useful and I'll post them up. Does anyone have access to chemistry factsheets?
Reply 311
ameliarainbow1
My school has access to Biology Factsheets. Let me know if you find them useful and I'll post them up. Does anyone have access to chemistry factsheets?

Never even heard of them. Do share!

Does anyone have a good set of notes for all the Genetics stuff? This topic is SOLID. :s-smilie:
Reply 312
Remarqable M
I got a C:frown: 2 marks away from a B, but resit here I come:biggrin:

I got exactly the same. Bio was my worst mark from all my subjects actually. I asked my teacher for some advise about re-sits and he told me to not to, as my AS results and cwk have me sitting comfortably at an overall high B. With enough effort for the next exam and the current cwk I may be able to scrape myself a low A. If you're in a similar boat, I think its best to not pressure yourself with more revision and focus on getting the highest possible mark on the next module.
Remarqable M

Oh okay that seems like a good pace to me
Hmm ye i think so too, however, I dont know if it is, really need to secure a high mark seeing as the practicals will let me down.
How did you do in F214?
CreativeBass
Oh okay that seems like a good pace to me
Hmm ye i think so too, however, I dont know if it is, really need to secure a high mark seeing as the practicals will let me down.
How did you do in F214?

for f214 i got a C:frown: really bad:frown: but i'll have to start analysing the paper(f214) because my problem is not knowing how to interpret command words e.g. describe, explain etc

how did the a2 isa go?:p:
Reply 315
Remarqable M
for f214 i got a C:frown: really bad:frown: but i'll have to start analysing the paper(f214) because my problem is not knowing how to interpret command words e.g. describe, explain etc

how did the a2 isa go?:p:

Would resitting F214 mean I won't be able to get the A* ?
uer23
Would resitting F214 mean I won't be able to get the A* ?

No:smile: resiting has nothing to do with the new A* because it is all about how many UMS you have total.
i think 450/600 is for A* i am not sure because the A* is supposed to be harder to get.
Reply 317
Oh right, I was told that if you resit any A2 units than you can no more get an A*.
uer23
Oh right, I was told that if you resit any A2 units than you can no more get an A*.

who told you that?
Reply 319
Remarqable M
who told you that?

Some friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending