Turn on thread page Beta

OCR 2010 A2 Biology Unit 2 - Control, Genome and Environment watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by New Username)
    haha yeah this was happenin to me before the c4 exam.
    I was trying to integrate something while asleep and I was drifting in and out of sleeping.

I've been told dreaming about what you've learned is a great way to remember...lets hope that's the case.
    Ok, good to know I'm not the only one going crazy lol

I should hope so. I'm going over the common techniques of gene engineering now... what are you revising?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noodlecookie)
    Morning everyone!

How did you all sleep?

I had biology dribbling out my brain all night, and apparently also talking in my sleep about operant conditioning :confused: I don't remember though
    :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotCoco.)
    :teehee:
    Well, at least one of us is actually awake lol, I can't believe I didn't notice that

ReputationRep:
    4 hours of sleep and im raring to go
    gl everyone, i certainly need it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chuck111)
    4 hours of sleep and im raring to go
    gl everyone, i certainly need it
    Same here, except i'm dosing up on Lucozade at the moment, hopefully it'll kick in full-power some time around 9am.

Good luck to you too, and when it's all over I'll be back to complain about chemistry lol
    When *that's* over though I shall be gone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noodlecookie)
    Same here, except i'm dosing up on Lucozade at the moment, hopefully it'll kick in full-power some time around 9am.

Good luck to you too, and when it's all over I'll be back to complain about chemistry lol
    When *that's* over though I shall be gone
    lolz :P
    ive got my chem exam tommorow, so i dont think ill be on here earlier as it will just depress me making me do no revision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chuck111)
    lolz :P
    ive got my chem exam tommorow, so i dont think ill be on here earlier as it will just depress me making me do no revision
    Yeah, there is that as well... but I don't think I'm going to mill around in this thread, I'm going straight to this chemistry thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...252151&page=88

hopefully they'll be as helpful as this thread was to dumbasses like me :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    good luck everyone!
    just finished learning meiosis thank god!
    now to enjoy reading through my notes all over again - i hope they're aren't any noisy people on the bus! I will be glaring.

ReputationRep:
    I bet muscle contraction will come up. The bit I dread the most.

ReputationRep:
    Good morning

ReputationRep:
    what does everyone predict will come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student92)
    Good morning
    Morning

HotCoco., revise it NOWNOWNAONOW, the more nauseated you feel when you read it, the easier it is to learn. That pretty much summarises the entire course, oh well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TX22)
    what does everyone predict will come up
    Definitely PCR (now I know what that is!)
    Definitely behaviour and muscle contraction
    OCR like plants. so definitely plant behaviour (gah)
    Most likely Golden Rice (need to go over that again)
    Likely fermentation (ditto)
    Maybe DNA probes..

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys, best of luck.. im off to school - Gotta drive there :p:

ReputationRep:
    Morning everyone

I feel like I've forgotten everything overnight Just going to go over PCR, sliding filament, behaviour and plant hormones quickly for 45 mins then i'm off

EDIT: can someone tell me what absinic acid is ?!

ReputationRep:
    good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    good luck everyone i hope tthere is lots on behaviour or meiosis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    thanks for creating this hread dude. even though i didnt visit it much im sure it helped alot of ppl out there. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    This is what I wanted too, sadly, it wasn't the case. I also really wanted a long question about muscle contraction, after I spent so long learning it yesterday!

Overall, I don't think it was a bad paper. I'm fairly confident I got a low B, which is all I need for an A overall

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was a terrible paper i couldnt answer the question on the type of protein rennin is aswell as the questions about the fly genomes or whatever. if i dont get into medicine cause of this stupid paper ill be absolutely gutted

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2014
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.