Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i think it went okay...just realised i messed up the genetic cross question because i put a recessive 'r' on the Y chromosome...whoops ! also realised i messsed up the gene interaction question.. it was okay... i don't know how to rate it really ! no questions where i was like OMG WTF I HAVE NO IDEA i just kind of did my best i guess...hopefully got a B..who knows...

ReputationRep:
    I dont really like flies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conorf199)
    I dont really like flies
    LOLOLOLOL

ReputationRep:
    I really can't judge how well that went :/

ReputationRep:
    ahhh yeah when I saw the insert of the fly I was like noooooooo! that was such a hefty question!

ReputationRep:
    was ok, but bit hard... dunno wt to say bout it...

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the chi 2 test. I have a horrible feeling I may have made a mistake :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopes)
    i thought it was a terrible paper i couldnt answer the question on the type of protein rennin is aswell as the questions about the fly genomes or whatever. if i dont get into medicine cause of this stupid paper ill be absolutely gutted
    i completely messed up on this paper the questions freaked my out so much, omg i dont know what i would do if i didnt get into medicine.

i know we are supposed to manipulate our knowledge but i spent hours on end revising, and my teacher just taught us the info, never mentioned the spec etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMikester69)
    What did people get for the chi 2 test. I have a horrible feeling I may have made a mistake :/
    0.32 or something It was smaller than the x^2 value but I think I did that wrong too.

ReputationRep:
    0.32 or somewhere around there?

Did anyone run out of time? I literally had like 5 minutes to do the last page. There was so much reading it was arghh

ReputationRep:
    0.32??

ReputationRep:
    WTF WAS THAT EXAM?

Ok didn't go bad but the Questions were so vague I DO NOT know how good it went. I NEED an A in this.

Can we expect UMS to go down?

ReputationRep:
    when can anyone get a copy of the paper ? please upload it here asap when they can i want to work out what i got right and what i got wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smflesh)
    0.32 or somewhere around there?

Did anyone run out of time? I literally had like 5 minutes to do the last page. There was so much reading it was arghh
    I got 0.0032 :confused:

That wasn't a nice paper at all. To be honest, biology isn't a nice subject, at all. How vague could they possibly make the questions? Why do plants respond to the environment? What is the role of polypeptides?

Ultra-vague questions + ultra-specific mark schemes = OCR sucks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darthdevidem)
    WTF WAS THAT EXAM?

Ok didn't go bad but the Questions were so vague I DO NOT know how good it went. I NEED an A in this.

Can we expect UMS to go down?
    i found it as horrible as the first one, it will prob go down for the higher grades (A,B,C) but it freaked me out so much, i left the 2 pages about x^2 and for some reason i didt see them mention the ratio, im so stupid

ReputationRep:
    this paper was so hard.

the thing is i dont know how i have done. does anyone feel the same????

ReputationRep:
    I cannot predict what grade i will get, you cant really tell.

ReputationRep:
    I got 0.32. Thank **** for that.

ReputationRep:
    how did you guys go about getting the expected value lol

i i think i messed up the chi value lol i did 1/4 x 27=13.5 which is probably wrrong lol i forget how to calculate the expected value lol

ReputationRep:
    that essay question on protein development, did they just want us to talk about transcription and translation, or did they want to us to talk about homeobox genes?
    ohh and what is logging?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2014
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.