Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayriss)
    for reasons to conserve areas such as the rainforest what did you get?
    I got for drug purposes, for protection of endangered species leading to increase in tourism and because many species haven't yet been discovered
    :yep: undiscovered species are used in medical breakthrough,increase in genetic diversity and an ethical reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darthdevidem)
    So no-one else wrote GENETIC DRIFT for the "Impulsive" allele one?
    I DID!! i put they might be passed on my chance
    but i also take about all that impulsive stuff too

ReputationRep:
    oh my gosh, can't believe I didn't even think of genetic drift, such a teenager jumping straight into the sex side of things haha

ReputationRep:
    for reasons to conserve areas such as the rainforest what did you get?
    I got for drug purposes, for protection of endangered species leading to increase in tourism and because many species haven't yet been discovered
    i wrote down about e economy,the ethical implications but i guess ive got that question wrong to, ive only been taught the knowledge from the book and i know it inside out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopes)
    yeah thats what i wrote too, change in allele frequency making it more common and what not.
    Yes and natural selection, promiscuity etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darthdevidem)
    So no-one else wrote GENETIC DRIFT for the "Impulsive" allele one?
    I did! I did lots of past questions and they'd give marks for mentioning things like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summerdays)
    Genetic drift, no selection pressure, bottle neck (by chance?)

Promiscuity?
    genetic drift yes bottleneck hmm.. again that a type of genetic drift just as founder effect.

ReputationRep:
    for the control of body plans did you right 'hox genes' or 'homeobox genes'? I wrote homeobox but I have a horrible feeling it was just hox now...

ReputationRep:
    For two two-markers I put dominant epistasis and Transmission electron microscope, will that be one mark for each or will the prefix thingy mean that I get them no marks because
    I think the correct answers were recessive epistasis and TEM.....?

ReputationRep:
    for the control of body plans did you right 'hox genes' or 'homeobox genes'? I wrote homeobox but I have a horrible feeling it was just hox now...
    well there the same kinda thing anyway...homeobox genes and hox clusters...so it just depends how strict they are when it comes to marking

ReputationRep:
    its Homeobox genes oh also what did you all wrote for the use of studying such genes ? I said its done to study the similarity between us and other species and how close we are in an evolutionary pathway.

ReputationRep:
    i think it will be like 65/66 for an A

ReputationRep:
    oh my gosh, can't believe I didn't even think of genetic drift, such a teenager jumping straight into the sex side of things haha
    It was a valid argument, and if loads of people wrote about stuff like that (as it would appear many of us did :rolleyes:) then they'll add the relevant points to the mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    well ladies and gentlemen, sounds like it was an average exam for people overall, so hopefully you all get what you want. I'm off to do some more revision for chemistry tomorrow... (why the hell is the long exam first?!)
    No stress!

ReputationRep:
    I put homeotic genes that code for homeobox clusters.

ReputationRep:
    Homeobox genes are arranged in Hox Clusters- they are not 'Hox Genes' are they?

ReputationRep:
    Damn I was hoping for meiosis. Messed a lot up on the ruddy flies. They make me angry x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    its Homeobox genes oh also what did you all wrote for the use of studying such genes ? I said its done to study the similarity between us and other species and how close we are in an evolutionary pathway.

I don't remember a question like that!? haha

ReputationRep:
    Anyways folks I am outta here for now later! and good luck!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, I put 'homeotic genes', because I'm sure that's what the CGP revision guide calls them :eek3: hmmmm.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.