Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darthdevidem)
    I need 67 UMS in this biology paper for an A, hopefully thats possible. But I'm resitting Jan Biology so I have one more chance.
    You realise this paper was for 150 UMS? Surely if you only need 67/150 then you've absolutely walked it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHILLIN-DRAGON)
    isnt annealing used for attaching a primer to a dna sequence in PCR?
    That and also to form a recombinant plasmid/DNA

For the impulsive DRD4 variant I wrote about the exploring nature and etc that they wrote provided the ability to find new habitats and ways for finding and hunting food...thus favouring those who had the variation, the allele is then passed down many generations as those without the variation are outcompeted without the ability to comprehend 'novelty' therefore the allele frequency for the variation increased in the general population.....
    hope that's right

-----------
    and yeah, it was antennapedia where legs are cojoined to where the antenna should be because of a homeobox gene/Hox cluster on chromosome mutation.

Guys forget it now, wait until August, all this wondering what you put won't change a thing. I understand it and do it to but it doesn't help :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    i think for some questions the mark scheme will be broad lol.

i remember the seal question, in the mark scheme there was loads of answers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buyingtheticket)
    Oh crap I handed mine into the examiner! Schoolboy error by me...
    Excellent sir.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayriss)
    completely agree with you, was so annoyed muscles and animal behaviour didn't come up, or anything on the brain, especially as they only picked the green pages from the book, you know, the ones nobody bothers to read...
    Lol totally agree. Green isn't the best colour to indicate YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS

ReputationRep:
    They mean 67/100, not out of 150. It seems to be the general trend in these new specifications that 66% is an A. It was for Chemistry, Biology and Psychology in January. Fingers crossed

EDIT: I think that's what they mean. 67 UMS for an A would be ridiculously low, would mean everyone virtually had no idea or barely opened the book for this exam.

ReputationRep:
    THANK god this exam IS over.

hope the F214 exam on june 25th is good

ReputationRep:
    any1 rememeber the missing words (answers to them)
    Something to do with ecosystems etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHILLIN-DRAGON)
    wait do you mean you only need 77 more ums chem for to get an A overall, you could get that in the unit 1 retake alone :s
    Whoops I mean 77% on average over the next 2 papers so that would beee 154 UMS (unless I suck at maths).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toxik_apple)
    That and also to form a recombinant plasmid/DNA

For the impulsive DRD4 variant I wrote about the exploring nature and etc that they wrote provided the ability to find new habitats and ways for finding and hunting food...thus favouring those who had the variation, the allele is then passed down many generations as those without the variation are outcompeted without the ability to comprehend 'novelty' therefore the allele frequency for the variation increased in the general population.....
    hope that's right

oh my god as if i forgot about that!! I put that the allele would make them more extroverted and sociable so are more likely to find a mate...duh!!
    ohh I might have to stop watching this thread now, its making me feel less confident...

ReputationRep:
    For the 8 marker on transcription/translation and how this link to an organisms development, do you think it was okay to write about apoptosis because without apoptosis inhibitor proteins it would occur all the time which leads to degeneration and a "broken" body plan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darthdevidem)
    Surprising imo, last year was much easier. (assuming your talking about the AS final PAper)
    Yeah, F212

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buyingtheticket)
    Oh crap I handed mine into the examiner! Schoolboy error by me...
    LMAAAOOOOO!!!:hahaha: pos rep for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt7)
    You realise this paper was for 150 UMS? Surely if you only need 67/150 then you've absolutely walked it...
    Damn I meant % wherever I wrote UMS in that post

ReputationRep:
    Anyone get these words for the word fill?-

Ecosystem, Producer, Primary, Trophic Level, Biotic?

ReputationRep:
    That paper was evil!!!!! There was nothing aon anything!!!! NOTHING on the brain, on animal behaviour.....argggggggggggg...t hat is sooo annoying...it was all application!!!!! Y? Y? Y????

ReputationRep:
    ohh **** I spelt Homeobox genes as hameobox genes
    :zomg:

I used the wrong spelling thoughtout the whole question. Man I'm screwed.

ReputationRep:
    overall it was alright paper, better than the january one. but i really didnt like the synoptic elements!

Hopefully the grade boundaries will be low

ReputationRep:
    Fairly confident myself, fingers crossed

The question "which drug is not similar to dopamine structurally" was a bit thought-provoking however, as they all at least bound to one thing which dopamine did, suggesting a similar structure. I went for the MAO repressing one.

Also i totally wrote 'antlers' on the fly. it was mutant after all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by treesaregreenandtall)
    Anyone get these words for the word fill?-

Ecosystem, Producer, Primary, Trophic Level, Biotic?
    Indeed, and one after it was nutrients. I did put organic instead of biotic, but that should be the same since biotic are organic by definition.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2014
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.