Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnniG)
    People who explore more may be more likely to come across food etc. Maybe people who are impulsive could be more successful in life too (eg. in business - since it said humans - and successful people are more attractive to mate with)?

I thought tht question was really funny. I was tempted to write, those who ar emore impulsive are more likely to give in to their sexual desires and have sex with random people and those who are novelty-seeking might try out knew fantasies and fetishes and meet different people who like fetishes like being pissed on and being smeared with cat food.

It is true though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnniG)
    People who explore more may be more likely to come across food etc. Maybe people who are impulsive could be more successful in life too (eg. in business - since it said humans - and successful people are more attractive to mate with)?
    I put that people with exploratory behaviour are more likely to end up on a isolated island, then the founder effect would take place :p: lol

ReputationRep:
    I didn't really think outside the box with the ADHD question, like some of you did. I couldn't think of anything other than the impulsiveness being sex related! So I just wrote they're more likely to 'breed' without thinking of the consequences/using johnnies etc :p: so they'll produce more offspring, and pass on their ADHD alleles to their offspring - increasing the allele frequency in the population. Not enough for full marks, but you guys had some good ideas :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tacita)
    I didn't really think outside the box with the ADHD question, like some of you did. I couldn't think of anything other than the impulsiveness being sex related! So I just wrote they're more likely to 'breed' without thinking of the consequences/using johnnies etc :p: so they'll produce more offspring, and pass on their ADHD alleles to their offspring - increasing the allele frequency in the population. Not enough for full marks, but you guys had some good ideas :p:
    lol I talked about latent learning.....seeing how it also said, more explortary.....weird question.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    :iiam:

You could have also said they all have big dicks.

But you could have gotten 4 marks for elaborating the genetic drift theory.
    That's around 3 marks together and an example would have given you the fourth mark.

But they could all been valid marks. I did say impulsive behaviour is attractive to some people of the opposite sex.
    but big dicks aren't related to the DRD4 gene... impulsive behaviour is...
    meh, i just dont think you can squeeze four marks out of saying that the allele frequency is increased due to genetic drift... especially when they describe the effects of the mutation in the question.

ReputationRep:
    There are so many different and funny but nonetheless valid answers for that DRD4 Q that surely they're just going to have to amend the mark scheme with "any other valid point". The sex one probably wasn't the answer they were looking for, but its still quite correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george54)
    but big dicks aren't related to the DRD4 gene... impulsive behaviour is...
    meh, i just dont think you can squeeze four marks out of saying that the allele frequency is increased due to genetic drift... especially when they describe the effects of the mutation in the question.
    I doubt all 4 marks were after suggestive examples of what impulsive behavior can do. I think a combination of explaining what occurs in genetic drift, selection pressure and an example of impulsive behavior = moar sex, would be worth 4 marks. But we won't know until the markscheme comes out. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DR_X)
    lol I talked about latent learning.....seeing how it also said, more explortary.....weird question.......
    Very weird question! I think there'll be loads of potential answers on the mark scheme because there's so many things being 'impulsive & exploratory' can lead to. All the things that people have said so far seem like logical explanations to me...

ReputationRep:
    i thought my handwriting went worse as i went along. but my writing was legible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TX22)
    i thought my handwriting went worse as i went along. but my writing was legible.
    My handwriting got angrier and angrier as the questions got more and more vague :p:

ReputationRep:
    Reading through this thread is making me sad; but I seriously can't stop lol
    Although 13 base pair deletion sounds more logical now in terms of causing the most effect, did anyone put down 21?

ReputationRep:
    For the two ways to sustain the timber one, I'm sure it said in the UK? Clear felling isn't done in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    i think the exam mark scheme will accept a range of things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smflesh)
    Reading through this thread is making me sad; but I seriously can't stop lol
    Although 13 base pair deletion sounds more logical now in terms of causing the most effect, did anyone put down 21?
    I did because I fail :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Why are there only two alleles for DRD4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMikester69)
    For the two ways to sustain the timber one, I'm sure it said in the UK? Clear felling isn't done in the UK?
    No it said in a temperate climate. It just states before that sustainable management (or something along those lines) is carried out in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Why are there only two alleles for DRD4
    One from mum, one from dad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v1oXx-)
    One from mum, one from dad.
    I swear there were 2 marks for that question though :confused:

ReputationRep:
    just wondering about the microscope question - does putting electronic microscope count as a mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    I doubt all 4 marks were after suggestive examples of what impulsive behavior can do. I think a combination of explaining what occurs in genetic drift, selection pressure and an example of impulsive behavior = moar sex, would be worth 4 marks. But we won't know until the markscheme comes out. :dontknow:
    The markscheme for the Jan exam isn't even out yet, so we'll be past caring once the markscheme does come out :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.