Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know/ can we work together, to work out all the questions so I can make a mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnniG)
    I said:
    - Animals with a number of distinct segments as Homeobox genes control segmentation
    - Animals in which the embryology can easily be studied, so they can be seen developing and the effect of the genes can be seen

What did other people put though coz that one threw me quite a bit..?
    i wrote silencing and expressing of genes,

the question said :suggest two characteristic that reseachers should look for when choosing an organsim for research into how genes control development.

ReputationRep:
    i gave the two points as being: similar morphology, and similar physiology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    oh damn me 3
    I wish I trusted myself more
    Ah well, hopefully grade boundaries will be low...

ReputationRep:
    I have to say even though the exam wasnt that bad im really dissappointed. Where were all the questions about how certain processes like muscle contraction, nervous system meiosis work ect. Ah well cant wait till i dont have to do any more biology exams =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadMaths)
    i wrote silencing and expressing of genes,

the question said :suggest two characteristic that reseachers should look for when choosing an organsim for research into how genes control development.
    How come you just told me the question lol? I know the question... Which is why I just posted my 2 characteristics I think researchers should look for when choosing an organism for research into how genes control development...

ReputationRep:
    I thought the exam went pretty well overall although agree that they missed out a lot of the main principles. Could anyone direct me towards the OCR chemistry thread for tomorrows exam?

ReputationRep:
    LOL damn i just put short life span and breed in large populations!!

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was okay but majorly screwwed up the genotype and gamete thing! lol

ReputationRep:
    arghhhh I just feel like bursting into tears I really need to get 75% anyone have any idea the sort of grade boundaries it'll be i keep asking this question i know, sorry, i just dont know what else to do

ReputationRep:
    Ah, i dnno what to think of that exam.. I felt like i failed it when I was doing it, but in retrospect it seems ive done alright :/

One thing is confusing me though.. THis paper is out of 100 raw marks, but is it 150ums out of our whole alevel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopes)
    arghhhh I just feel like bursting into tears I really need to get 75% anyone have any idea the sort of grade boundaries it'll be i keep asking this question i know, sorry, i just dont know what else to do
    It was 66/100 last year in the summer (F212) for an A, and that exam was quite tough; this exam in my opinion was also quite tough, and if that's anything to go by, boundaries may be around 66 - 70.

ReputationRep:
    i think no one found it easy...is that fair to say????

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite disappointed, even though I revised hard nothing much came up, more of the same waffle from January tbh.

ReputationRep:
    have a look at this for what researchers look for http://www.nature.com/scitable/topic...hox-code-41402

ReputationRep:
    have a look at this for what researchers look for http://www.nature.com/scitable/topic...hox-code-41402
    Lowe that, the exam is over lol

ReputationRep:
    i think no one found it easy...is that fair to say????
    I found it hard in terms of writing wise.It was really hard to coup with though I started the paper 5 minutes after the rest I managed to get it done about quarter hour before.Which doesn't make any sense but then again I stupidly lost few marks for the chi square instead I handed over the paper not having it checked. The examiner was even willing to give me the time. Long story cut short: The paper asked for much ink than a good use of the limbic system there was much they could have added instead of having us go back track over genetics question after question.
    :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    I put they're more likely to rape women and therefore pass on their genes :facepalm:
    But that IS correct!!!! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Lowe that, the exam is over lol
    too right.
    i've always wondered how lowe is spelt lol, now i know, at least one good thing has come from today lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt^)
    too right.
    i've always wondered how lowe is spelt lol, now i know, at least one good thing has come from today lol.
    :laugh:

I feel pathetic putting on "e" on the end but otherwise it would be "low" which wouldn't make sense :dontknow:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2014
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.