Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Was the eye pigment thing epistasis or complimentary gene action?

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas on what the UMS boundaries will be guys?

ReputationRep:
    10/150 for an A

I kid I kid :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    UMS boundary is always 120/150 for an A, 105 for a B, 90 for a C, 75 for a D and 60 for an E.

The raw marks out of 100, I'd think 72. I would say this paper was as hard as last years AS Unit 2, which was like 66/100 for an A or something!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt7)
    I made up some rubbish about species with a clear to identify and easy to study body plan, e.g. obvious segmentation. Was probably a waste of my ink though. ARGH.
    completely screwed that one up, so I'm thankful it was only two marks, I wrote species that are low in intelligence and species that are cheap to look after haha

ReputationRep:
    The % of people getting As at A2 is lower than at AS, so if this paper was as hard as last year, the boundary would be slightly higher than 66, possibly 68-71/100 for an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopes)
    really really appreciate you taking your time to do all this for me mate inshallah it all goes well for both of us. And yes i did mention sticky ends i mentioned all the key words except didnt mention reverse transcriptase. But seriousily thanks again
    No Problem. Glad I helped =}
    ~ Inshallah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    no problem i enjoyed it thoroughly, so many ups and downs but i hope every revision we did here paid off and GOod luck to you and i hope you get the grades needed to do zoology:p: do us all a favour when you become a qualified zoologist, slap a gorilla for all us and tell him 'in your face, you didn't come up in our exam!" ok lol and good luck to everyone in here as well thanks for all the help everyone i learned a lot of things in here and most of them makes no sense:p: but at least i learned something lol
    There proabably won't be any left by the time I'm a zoologist, but if there are - I will be sure to slap one for you right before I run away very quickly lol. Thank you so much not even just for this one but for all your help in the last january one and good luck to you too. I'm not coming back on here. It's scaring me slightly as I don't think I did too well. Let me know how you get on

ReputationRep:
    i really wanna see a copy of the paper so i can work out where i would've lost marks on. i cant remember all the questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayriss)
    completely screwed that one up, so I'm thankful it was only two marks, I wrote species that are low in intelligence and species that are cheap to look after haha
    lolll on the why is the DRD4 allele increasing I said that people who are risk takers are more attractive on todays 'liberal society' and went on a bit of an english rant. OOOPS :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayriss)
    Lol my answer was quite silly too:
    'Organisms with obvious segments and parts to it and do not look like a mass of cells .. i.e. like a "blob"

ReputationRep:
    anyone think our coursework marks will get moderated down alot compared to last year people, anyone thinking of UMS boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    What did you lot write for the dopamine question about why would the amount of people with ddr4 receptors may increase?

ReputationRep:
    I did so badly... :'(

Any chance of an unofficial mark scheme anyone?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    i couldnt even sleep last night, this exam kept coming into my head i keep feeling like im guna miss my medicine offer chem today so hope that goes well. Btw guys on the question for conditions used would oxygen concentration, amount of moisture on petri dish and time elapsed in petri dish be okay for the 3 marks? and where it asked for the microscope i just put electron? and for the pasteurisation question i put kills off harmful bacteria and breaks the bonds present in the milk? please someone answer thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza_O)
    I did so badly... :'(

Any chance of an unofficial mark scheme anyone?

Thanks!
    No one makes Unofficial Biology Mark Schemes, it's too hard and a lot of work. Also a lot of uncertainty with regards to the specific points required to gain the marks, compared to a subject like maths which is quite straightforward.

ReputationRep:
    Whos retaking the homeostasis paper next week? I dont think I done too well on this paper so im hoping to pick up the marks on the retake

ReputationRep:
    Guys about the question ....Wha type of protein is rennin and how come only a small amount can be used?

i said it was a globular protein as its an enzyme and it catalyses reaction at a fast rate and for biological catalysts small amount required as its not used up in the reaction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MG.GULED)
    Guys about the question ....Wha type of protein is rennin and how come only a small amount can be used?

i said it was a globular protein as its an enzyme and it catalyses reaction at a fast rate and for biological catalysts small amount required as its not used up in the reaction.
    yup
    that's what i said at least :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHILLIN-DRAGON)
    i need that excalty as well, but im redoing unit 1, its making silly mistakes like this:

in unit1 when they said why is an anti coagulant added, i wrote to prevent clotting.

in the markscheme i needed to say it prevented clotting "during" dialysis.

btw since were are on similar grades can i ask how far you are on the content, i should be finished by 4-5 then an hour of chem then recap, im not doing exam questions the dont help with bio

revision guide for the win, btw people certain ethical topics are discussed more in the revision book, while the text book expects you to remember it from AS, the revision guide simply repeats it in A2

anyone else just using the revision cards chuck111 created to revise AS?
    Sorry with that late reply d:

I'm also resiting the Jan one D: But I've not started revising for it yet. I've been doing some chemistry and now I'm cramming physics and S3 for tomorrow. I'm already dead inside. I'll start on it tomorrow evening.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2014

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.