Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MG.GULED)
    Guys about the question ....Wha type of protein is rennin and how come only a small amount can be used?

i said it was a globular protein as its an enzyme and it catalyses reaction at a fast rate and for biological catalysts small amount required as its not used up in the reaction.
    I said globular protein as well, kind of messed up the next bit though said it had an active site complementary to the shape of few substrate molecules (many substrate reactions at once) and the fact that the temperature was an optimum or something :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guinny)
    Sorry with that late reply d:

I'm also resiting the Jan one D: But I've not started revising for it yet. I've been doing some chemistry and now I'm cramming physics and S3 for tomorrow. I'm already dead inside. I'll start on it tomorrow evening.
    same here i havent done much for physics, hopefully cram the revision book in by 10, then 2 hours of practice should get me a B tomorrow.

i havent started the unit 1s yet because i have a week gap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHILLIN-DRAGON)
    same here i havent done much for physics, hopefully cram the revision book in by 10, then 2 hours of practice should get me a B tomorrow.

i havent started the unit 1s yet because i have a week gap
    Haha, neither have I D: OCR B Advancing Physics?

Also maths... D: I'm not sure whether to do more maths or more for the resit. Hmm d:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    No one makes Unofficial Biology Mark Schemes, it's too hard and a lot of work. Also a lot of uncertainty with regards to the specific points required to gain the marks, compared to a subject like maths which is quite straightforward.
    That's true. Just thought I should ask anyway lol. Thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v1oXx-)
    One from mum, one from dad.
    wohoooo
    wat was the other mark for though?
    if i am not mistaken remember it being 2 mrak question

ReputationRep:
    iv being searching for the comments on the question that said something about the genes that caused dramatic change if mutation occured to them
    what did you guys answer to that ?
    i think i put homebox sequence or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guinny)
    Haha, neither have I D: OCR B Advancing Physics?

Also maths... D: I'm not sure whether to do more maths or more for the resit. Hmm d:
    i have ocr A physics, i did no revision because i needed an E to get my B, but i think i flopped bio so i want an A in physics, but i need a B in tomorrow exam and i think i only have time to cover the spec, i wont be able to recap any of AS/A2 unit 1 or do that many practise questions (maybe have time for the specimen)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by divinelord)
    Ah bugger I out-clevered myself with the damn microscope question.

I instantly went 'Scanning Electron Microscope" and then said "Hold on! That thing is too big! for an electron one. What if it's just a light" Wrote light :/

Epic EPIC fail.
    :eek3: Me too! I was thinking its just a fly, you don't really need a SEM for it.

DAMN YOU OCR:rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrcarrot)
    Fairly confident myself, fingers crossed

The question "which drug is not similar to dopamine structurally" was a bit thought-provoking however, as they all at least bound to one thing which dopamine did, suggesting a similar structure. I went for the MAO repressing one.

Also i totally wrote 'antlers' on the fly. it was mutant after all...
    OMG- I was about to do the same, but then ended up writing 'Anthers' instead! God I'm such a douche!! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yushef)
    Whos retaking the homeostasis paper next week? I dont think I done too well on this paper so im hoping to pick up the marks on the retake
    im retaking it!
    got a delightful U in january...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rrrachael)
    im retaking it!
    got a delightful U in january...
    Aww I got a D, really trying to revise hard but the world cup is doing me no favours xD

ReputationRep:
    anyone have F214 examquest questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student92)
    anyone have F214 examquest questions?
    Hey I am resiting that as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Iby! Where have you been? How is u and the exams going?

ReputationRep:
    people that sat the biology a2 control and genome paper, what did you think of it guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    Iby! Where have you been? How is u and the exams going?
    Oh Hello there Violingirl! I am doing great and the 215 went awesome too though I screwed chi square up *facepalm* .Hoping to get half marks there at least other than that hmm... 3 marks for the genetic diagram so to sum it all hopefully 6-9max.
    How did yours go ?

ReputationRep:
    Just started revision today, done half of mod 1 so far... the joy of action potential!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student92)
    Just started revision today, done half of mod 1 so far... the joy of action potential!
    Hahah fun times heh? I haven't revised anything out of it... all seems to be in the head still hmm... which gives me the chance of practicing tonnes of past paper
    Is the 214 thread alive still?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the examquest papers for F214, can anyone post them like there was a thread for F215. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hahah fun times heh? I haven't revised anything out of it... all seems to be in the head still hmm... which gives me the chance of practicing tonnes of past paper
    Is the 214 thread alive still?
    well ur just super brainy yeh, I need to print some past papers questions off... hmm. Well, people just wander in and out, bit dead. :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2014
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.