Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redfanatic)
    sorry, the question i was talkin abuot was on the second to last page...just before the gibberelic acid questions.
    and yes your two points are correct, i also put can be reused and reduced downstream processing costs. you can also put that the product will be more stable as well i think.
    ahhhhh its okay i just keep going into panic mode over this paper lol :o: what did you put for the conditions used at the end of the paper? i put urmmm, 02 concentration, amount of water in petri dish and time elapsed in petri dish i think... thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopes)
    ahhhhh its okay i just keep going into panic mode over this paper lol :o: what did you put for the conditions used at the end of the paper? i put urmmm, 02 concentration, amount of water in petri dish and time elapsed in petri dish i think... thanks
    i put the concentration of nutrients given e.g. amount of water and amount of gibberelic acid, and i think my other answer was something to do with time. cant remember exactly to be honest.

really wanna see a copy of the paper. the only ones i remember i had trouble with was the base mutations questions and the DRD4 question. rest was straightforward :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i dont think it was all straightforward =/ the renin question tripped me up as did the 4 marks on the fly thing i just had no clue what they were asking so ive lost about 11 marks just for leaving blanks. anyone have any idea what grade boundaries will be like?

ReputationRep:
    loads of people in my college found this quite hard and most people outisde did so i think grade boundaries wont be too high.

i really hope the F214 exam on 25th june is not too bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopes)
    i dont think it was all straightforward =/ the renin question tripped me up as did the 4 marks on the fly thing i just had no clue what they were asking so ive lost about 11 marks just for leaving blanks. anyone have any idea what grade boundaries will be like?
    wasnt the renin one just pretty asking you to describe insulin production...but obviously just for renin.
    by the sounds of it, boundaries wont be too high.

ReputationRep:
    wasnt the renin one just pretty asking you to describe insulin production...but obviously just for renin.
    by the sounds of it, boundaries wont be too high.
    yeahhh for the 8 marker but for the 3 marker beforehand as in what type of protein is renin i just went blank

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=redfanatic]i put the concentration of nutrients given e.g. amount of water and amount of gibberelic acid, and i think my other answer was something to do with time. cant remember exactly to be honest.

wait is this the OCR paper on the 16 that your taking about ?
    :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: what question was that? ,i dont remember it unless i answred it wrong and i didnt skip any questions

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=blueberry123]
    i put the concentration of nutrients given e.g. amount of water and amount of gibberelic acid, and i think my other answer was something to do with time. cant remember exactly to be honest.

wait is this the OCR paper on the 16 that your taking about ?
    :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: what question was that? ,i dont remember it unless i answred it wrong and i didnt skip any questions
    Yeah, the one on the 16th. Last Wednesday.

It was the last question to do with plant hormones. Asking what variables should be controlled. Well, something along those lines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dopeyangel101)
    no, there's just a load of PDF files, no questions, will see if i can get them off a teacher at school tmz though x
    Thanks, really need sum past papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student92)
    Same. :woo:

I think I've done pretty well on this paper and it's mostly to do with the past papers provided here and going through mark schemes.
    As I only got 29/40 for my ISA, I'll probably need around 145/150 in this paper and like 90/90 in F214 for an A*. Still going for it. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got the F214 paper of january as i am retaking this on the 25th of june!
    please anyone let me know how to get it / pm me or whatever!

thanks so much

ReputationRep:
    I have the questions. BUT...only the hard copy, so i'ma need to scan them at some point, but there's like a million pages, and i cant work a scanner. hmmmm. we have a problem me thinks...

ReputationRep:
    I have the questions. BUT...only the hard copy, so i'ma need to scan them at some point, but there's like a million pages, and i cant work a scanner. hmmmm. we have a problem me thinks...
    Ahhh... major problem... no possible way of getting the files early 2mrw morn?

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! Can't you have it scanned later ?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh... major problem... no possible way of getting the files early 2mrw morn?
    probably not, sorry! i cant think of any other way to do it...

ReputationRep:
    probably not, sorry! i cant think of any other way to do it...
    so no way of scanning them all?

ReputationRep:
    so no way of scanning them all?
    i cant think of any :/ maybe i'm just being stupid

ReputationRep:
    i cant think of any :/ maybe i'm just being stupid
    guess theres no way. But thnx anyway... btw how was the german exam?

ReputationRep:
    guess theres no way. But thnx anyway... btw how was the german exam?
    just dont even go there -.-
    srsly, the essay i wrote would have been a disgrace to a gcse student so i'm kinda screwed :X

anyone care to explain ox phos to me? kinda confuzzled

ReputationRep:
    just dont even go there -.-
    srsly, the essay i wrote would have been a disgrace to a gcse student so i'm kinda screwed :X

anyone care to explain ox phos to me? kinda confuzzled
    okay ill try and break it down as much as i can.

so in chemiosmosis, you have the energy released from electrons (from the hydrogen taken from reduced NAD and reduced FAD) being passed along a chain of electron carriers used to pump protons (H+ also from the hydrogen of reduced NAD and reduced FAD) across the intermembrane space.....ATP synthase enzymes being used...ATP made.

so these electrons being passed along a chain of electron carriers have to end somewhere! oxygen is final electron acceptor....after accepting the electrons and also H+...water is made! here is the equation 4H+ + 4e- + O2 ----> 2H2O

hope that makes sense! sorry if its a little confusing!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.