The Student Room Group

OCR 2010 A2 Biology Unit 2 - Control, Genome and Environment

Scroll to see replies

redfanatic
okay ill try and break it down as much as i can.

so in chemiosmosis, you have the energy released from electrons (from the hydrogen taken from reduced NAD and reduced FAD) being passed along a chain of electron carriers used to pump protons (H+ also from the hydrogen of reduced NAD and reduced FAD) across the intermembrane space.....ATP synthase enzymes being used...ATP made.

so these electrons being passed along a chain of electron carriers have to end somewhere! oxygen is final electron acceptor....after accepting the electrons and also H+...water is made! here is the equation 4H+ + 4e- + O2 ----> 2H2O

hope that makes sense! sorry if its a little confusing!

no that seems to make sense, is that all the depth we need to go into?
Who ever is doing A2 Biology this year, please make good use of this thread:biggrin:
Reply 3862
Remarqable M
Who ever is doing A2 Biology this year, please make good use of this thread:biggrin:

Seconded. Helped this useless student get full marks. :biggrin:
Reply 3863
135/150......
Original post by Remarqable M

i think everyone will. and thanks!!!!!!! +rep :smile:
Reply 3865
Original post by Falcon91
Argh
Ive covered everything using a rev guide, i just didnt know that genetic engineering could be so long but its kinda easy in some areas.
Need to do chem and computing, ive spent much longer doing bio but i havent been over synoptics yet either :eek3:

Hi there, i will be doing F215 in June and I was just wondering if you could send me the notes you did for them last year, that's if you've still got them and dont mind. :biggrin:

Thanks in advance.
Reply 3866
shall be reading through this
Reply 3867
hi guys... i cant open the question packs, it says invalid file link :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie: i really need these!!
Whats the link to the question pack?
The one at the start of the thread dosen't work...
Original post by honoris
shall be reading through this

Tell us if you found any link for the question pack :rolleyes:
Reply 3870
Hi, was wondering if you still had the answer to the three best ways of setting up a gene bank? need to know by tonight if poss thanks
is there a link between the BAC method and the PCR method for sequencing dna of an organism?like do they occur one after the other or something? because to me it looks like they both do the same thing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending