Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v1oXx-)
    Wow early start.

Have you guys done your practical assessments yet, if so, what did you get?
    32/40 - was not impressed to be honoust - may have to resit :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by win2kpro)
    32/40 - was not impressed to be honoust - may have to resit :yep:
    That's pretty good, way more than I'm assuming I got. What did u get last year? I got 39/40 last year which was 60/60 in terms of UMS. Without a similar score this year, there's no chance of an A* for me:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Great idea, Remarqable, you legend!

I am so far behind, they are already on module 2.

I need to read the book and make notes, because I am totally clueless on unit 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Nice work.

Unit F215 exam is on Wednesday 16 June 2010 (AM). That's 139 days from now.

Let's do this guys.
    And for us doing Chemistry and physics, the dates are :

Chemistry : Thursday 17 June 2010
    Physics : Friday 18 June 2010

^ they are going to be great 3 days :p:

ReputationRep:
    Many recognisable names on here! thnx for all coming here and im lookin forward to 139 days of discussion and many
    dramas!
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    I got 90% dead on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Oh yea i remember doing that before exams something to do with the three types of mutation and a specific amino acid being displaced which causes anaemia i think ;p.
    Wow, you really are a fountain of knowledge :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Wow early start.

Have you guys done your practical assessments yet, if so, what did you get?
    11/40 Doing resit soon T.T. Between lets all get started with the past papers already , LOL remarqable get on with the past papers now! xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by win2kpro)
    And for us doing Chemistry and physics, the dates are :

Chemistry : Thursday 17 June 2010
    Physics : Friday 18 June 2010

^ they are going to be great 3 days :p:
    was planning to do a similar thread for physics, but perhaps you could start a thread and kindly take your role:p:

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty good, way more than I'm assuming I got. What did u get last year? I got 39/40 last year which was 60/60 in terms of UMS. Without a similar score this year, there's no chance of an A* for me:eek3:
    Haha, suprisingly I also got 32/40 - 48 UMS last year! - teacher told me there is no point in resiting because for an A* my 90% had to be in A2 anyway - I got 40/40 for physics tho - 60 UMS and my 32/40 for chemistry went down to 44 UMS!?!? :p: Ahh well... Luckily the practical is only 20% because to be honoust im not very fond of them ISA's haha... I like doing the practical but im messy XD - My strength is definatly theory exams :yep:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm here. And I've done all the unit on succession etc, the first few lessons on plant responses and one lesson on gene/biotechnology and one lesson on DNA

I've accepted that I'm going to get a B. An A would be nice, I just think it's v unlikely. My practical was about 44/60 last year btw.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    I started the chemistry one off this year.. I prefer biology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbelle ♥)
    Wow, you really are a fountain of knowledge :eek:
    but i still feel horrible for what i did with my last paper T.T damn that tissue. Yep if i had time i would have started to post already but since i haven't been to any of the lessons yet and erm i haven't read much either =/.i really need some sleep ;;
    This week been hell.

ReputationRep:
    I forget to mention one rule: whoever finds good research stuff on unit 2, especially new developments in biotech/genetics
    I will give him/her an automatic free rep+ subsequently i will promote you to the second man/woman in command of this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    I forget to mention one rule: whoever finds good research stuff on unit 2, especially new developments in biotech/genetics
    I will give him/her an automatic free rep+ subsequently i will promote you to the second man/woman in command of this thread
    Interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    was planning to do a similar thread for physics, but perhaps you could start a thread and kindly take your role:p:
    Dont mind starting a physics thread - If you would be so kind to PM an opening post for it haha - im never good at such things XD

PS. - My real love of science lies with chemistry if you wanted me to make one for chemistry instead :p:

ReputationRep:
    This is great thanks so much! , It would be good if we keep this thread lively till exam time. You guys arelucky you have good biology teachers though, i always have to teach myself.

This time ill make sure i finish the whole specification earlier, so theres more time to practice strertch and challenge questions somehow lol

ReputationRep:
    So early. :p:

I'll be on this thread in a few months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CertifiedAngel)
    This is great thanks so much! , It would be good if we keep this thread lively till exam time. You guys arelucky you have good biology teachers though, i always have to teach myself.

This time ill make sure i finish the whole specification earlier, so theres more time to practice strertch and challenge questions somehow lol
    Yeah ... =) meh if we start from now on and be consistent with it hell we can score A* for sure.. ermm thinking to get an A* we need 90% right ?does that include A2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    So early. :p:

I'll be on this thread in a few months.
    It is not early! trust me how many other subjects do you have??
    do not underestimate the amount of work to be done for biology unit 2

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.