Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    I am in the same situation,three papers. 14 total in june. woot!
    :eek: Wow good luck with that! I only have 3 :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student92)
    Just gotta learn about the wheat plant, then finished Mod 1, half way through Mod. 2 and still got 3 and 4 to go... niccce
    I just learned about the wheat today

Triticum aestivum is the artifically selected modern bread wheat consisting of the genotype AuAuBBDD. Both domesticated and wild wheat have contributed to this genotype. Wild wheats are diploid, and grasses can undergo polyploidy to hold more chromosomes within their nucleus. The resulting bread wheat is hexapolid 6n=48

First Wild Einkorn is domesticated by changing phenotype but not chromosome number to Einkorn-AuAu. This is bred with wild grass BB to from a sterile hybrid AuB. This undergos a mutation to double chromosome number AuAuBB.
    This is then crossed with goat grass DD
    Another sterile hybrid is produced of AuBD
    Another mutation occurs to double chormosome number. To become AuAuBBDD---> Modern wheat!

I remembered...cool!

That was revision well done

ReputationRep:
    :moo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buyingtheticket)
    :eek: Wow good luck with that! I only have 3 :woo:
    Hah thanks and you too. Yep gonna nail each of them hard!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)

Triticum aestivum is the artifically selected modern bread wheat consisting of the genotype AuAuBBDD. Both domesticated and wild wheat have contributed to this genotype. Wild wheats are diploid, and grasses can undergo polyploidy to hold more chromosomes within their nucleus. The resulting bread wheat is hexapolid 6n=48

First Wild Einkorn is domesticated by changing phenotype but not chromosome number to Einkorn-AuAu. This is bred with wild grass BB to from a sterile hybrid AuB. This undergos a mutation to double chromosome number AuAuBB.
    Another mutation occurs to double chormosome number. To become AuAuBBDD---> Modern wheat!

I remembered...cool!

strange mary jones book doesnt mention anything about it at all.

well Done: Fatality! =}

ReputationRep:

I remembered...cool!

Impressive! Soo looking forward to learning that tomorrow :P

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else using the OCR F215 book written by Richard Fosbery - www.amazon.co.uk/OCR-A2-Biology-Control-Environment/dp/0340958146

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student92)
    Anyone else using the OCR F215 book written by Richard Fosbery - www.amazon.co.uk/OCR-A2-Biology-Control-Environment/dp/0340958146
    Mary jones here...

ReputationRep:
    Mary jones here...
    :ditto: :five:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

First Wild Einkorn is domesticated by changing phenotype but not chromosome number to Einkorn-AuAu. This is bred with wild grass BB to from a sterile hybrid AuB. This undergoes a mutation to double chromosome number AuAuBB.

I remembered...cool!

Sorry this is off the top of my head, but is it not 42? Cause I thought n was 7, not 8

Apart from that it's all right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    Sorry this is off the top of my head, but is it not 42? Cause I thought n was 7, not 8

Apart from that it's all right
    Oops. Yes, thats just me being silly 7x8 =42 NOT 48 :p:

Ok. I don't even know what i'm typing anymore!

haha. I meant 7 x 6 =42! XD

Revision is making me tired...

ReputationRep:
    Oops. Yes, thats just me being silly 7x8 =42 NOT 48 :p:

Ok. I don't even know what i'm typing anymore!

haha. I meant 7 x 6 =42! XD

Revision is making me tired...
    :lol: 7x8=42

make sure you take a break though you don't want to burn yourself:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuttygirl)
    :ditto: :five:
    Hey =}

ReputationRep:
    Hey =}
    Hellooo :wavey: How are you finding the last unit then?

ReputationRep:
    Hellooo :wavey: How are you finding the last unit then?
    Not hard. =} apart from genetics which i didn't have a clue about earlier but got it sorted during easter, you?

ReputationRep:
    Not hard. =} apart from genetics which i didn't have a clue about earlier but got it sorted during easter, you?
    Nice! :woo:
    Bad :sad: But there's still a while to go, so hopefully lots of revision and this thread should help

ReputationRep:
    Not hard you say :eek:
    Stop scaring me...

ReputationRep:
    Nice! :woo:
    Bad :sad: But there's still a while to go, so hopefully lots of revision and this thread should help
    Well seeing that i have 14 exams in june :rolleyes:.Why whats bad about genetics ? yes this thread will help us for sure. =)

ReputationRep:
    Not hard you say :eek:
    Stop scaring me...
    Booo :O

ReputationRep:
    Well seeing that i have 14 exams in june :rolleyes:.Why whats bad about genetics ? yes this thread will help us for sure. =)
    :eek3: that's a lot! i only have 4 :p:
    all of bio is hard

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2014
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.