Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Mary jones here...
    Which book is that? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Have No Imagination)
    Which book is that? :confused:

:teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)

:teehee:
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL thankss

ReputationRep:
    I use both texts books..
    I like Mary Jones for diagrams, but usually the text is to the point in the other!

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL thankss
    Aha ... i couldn't stop loling myself :cool:
    Thought of hyping-up this thread a bit! come on folks...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone plan on uploading past paper questions that are relevant to our exam? It really helped last time! I would do it but i'm not sure how to put them together from different past papers =(

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have them revison card/ questions that someone made from the spec they really really helped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maria-16*)
    Anyone have them revison card/ questions that someone made from the spec they really really helped.
    I, too, await chucks awesome revision cards.

I read the first line in cellular control today and gave up :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BHAM!)
    Does anyone plan on uploading past paper questions that are relevant to our exam? It really helped last time! I would do it but i'm not sure how to put them together from different past papers =(
    i'm very sorry to say that there won't be questions pack on module 1, however i will do questions pack for module 3 hopefully by tonight :cool: the reason why i won't do it is because i need to concentrate on making questions pack for physics
    which is to me ten times more important

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    i'm very sorry to say that there won't be questions pack on module 1, however i will do questions pack for module 3 hopefully by tonight :cool: the reason why i won't do it is because i need to concentrate on making questions pack for physics
    which is to me ten times more important
    thanks for doing other 2 packs though ... may just have to sort through past papers for mod 1 tomorrow... but thanks

ReputationRep:

yessss thats what i want lol
    they were great!
    they really helped

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me answer this question

'Give an account of the process of Meiosis'

this is what i wrote so far:

Meiosis is a type of cell division(reduction division) concerned with producing gametes and introducing variation(through crossing over, random assortment etc) in an organism. Meiosis aims to produce daugter cells that have half the original number of chromosomes(Haploid). This allows sexual reproduction to take place. Although the process of meiosis is continuous, it is conventially divided up into a number of stages and sub stages i.e. Prophase I-II, Metaphase I-II, Anaphase I-II and Telophase I-II. Certain key events happen in each stage as follows: In prophase I, .....:p: how is this for a start?

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Maria-16*)
    yessss thats what i want lol
    they were great!
    they really helped
    hehe I'll be starting them this weekend, been slacking on chemistry and maths so I need to catch up on them before I get onto Bio, I'm happy to see that they helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chuck111)
    hehe I'll be starting them this weekend, been slacking on chemistry and maths so I need to catch up on them before I get onto Bio, I'm happy to see that they helped
    Nice to hear that, looking forward to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    Can someone help me answer this question

'Give an account of the process of Meiosis'

this is what i wrote so far:

Meiosis is a type of cell division(reduction division) concerned with producing gametes and introducing variation(through crossing over, random assortment etc) in an organism. Meiosis aims to produce daugter cells that have half the original number of chromosomes(Haploid). This allows sexual reproduction to take place. Although the process of meiosis is continuous, it is conventially divided up into a number of stages and sub stages i.e. Prophase I-II, Metaphase I-II, Anaphase I-II and Telophase I-II. Certain key events happen in each stage as follows: In prophase I, .....:p: how is this for a start?
    From what i can recall:
    Pro-phase 1:
    The chromosomes condense at this stage to thread like structure.Also bivalents form during this stage and formation of chiasmata albeit invisible to the naked eye.

Pro-Metaphase 1: Chromosomes condense enough to appear visible.Centrioles form.
    Meta-Phase 1:Nuclear membrane dis-integrates,spindle formation takes place.
    Ana-phase 1ach half of the bivalents are detached i.e taken apart in this stage.(This is the stage where the no of. chromosomes halves).
    Telophase- 1: Chromosomes de-condese,Nuclear membrane re-appears.
    Cytokineses 1: Two Nuclei daughter cells formed, with each cell containing one part of the homologous chromosome.

Prophase 2: Chromosomes condense(same as in ps1).
    Meta-phase 2:Nuclear membrane dis-appears,chromosomes attached to the centrioles move to the equator.
    Ana-phase 2: The centrioles pull the chromosomes across in such a pattern that each chromatid gets separated or you could put it this way: The centromere divided such that each chromatid gets pulled towards the opposite end.
    Telo-phase 2: This results in the formation of 4 daughter nuclei each containing half the no. of chromosomes compared to the parent chromosome.Spindle disappears again.
    Cytokineses 2: Plasma membrane forms around the 4 daughter cells,nuclear membrane forms.

ReputationRep:
    Guys im back havnt started bio.....ganna start today...

ReputationRep:
    Module 3 cosystems and sustainability:
    Ecosystems: is the group of living organisms and the non living things and the inter-relationships between them.

Habitat: a place wher an organism lives
    population:a group of organisms of the same species
    community: a group of organsims of different species and that can interact with each other

the role that each organism plays on the ecosystems is called a niche.
    Biotic Factors: Food supply, predation and disease
    Abiotic Factors:PH, Temperature and soil type
    Eosystems are Dynamic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadMaths)
    Module 3 cosystems and sustainability:
    Ecosystems: is the group of living organisms and the non living things and the inter-relationships between them.

Habitat: a place wher an organism lives
    population:a group of organisms of the same species
    community: a group of organsims of different species and that can interact with each other

the role that each organism plays on the ecosystems is called a niche.
    Biotic Factors: Food supply, predation and disease
    Abiotic Factors:PH, Temperature and soil type
    Eosystems are Dynamic
    Awww !!:eek: me wants Bluey!! thats one BIG fish.

ReputationRep:
    ive been self teaching module 2 and im really confused about the sequencing the genome of an organism bit...argh . Help?

ReputationRep:
    who else needs the QP and ms for F214 pm

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.