Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Haha thanks for the compliment :cool: I am starting to like these earthlings. Oh also for the rep!
    DBZ FTW!
    Haha, thanks for the rep too - Im going to be visiting Saudi Arabia after my exams :p: - Gonna be hooot! xD

EDIT: 1337 posts! = Leet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by win2kpro)
    Haha, thanks for the rep too - Im going to be visiting Saudi Arabia after my exams :p: - Gonna be hooot! xD

EDIT: 1337 posts! = Leet!
    Great ! :O Feel the HEET :O

ReputationRep:
    Basic unit of muscle is sarcomere which is the distance between one Z-Disc to the next one aligned.

Muscle cells are made up of two types of basic proteins: Actin and Myosin.
    There are three types of Muscles: Cardiac,Smooth and striated muscle.
    Within the sarcomere are present various proteins.
    Various region of sarcomere are Z-disc,A,H,I bands.
    I band: Region made up of actins only! appears lighter.
    H:Region made of think Myosin filament only.(appears lighter than band A)
    A: Made of both actin and myosin.

Short description of a sarcomere.

ReputationRep:
    I should probably start on module 4 soon...

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have a feeling that genetic engineering of golden rice will come up.

This UNIT IS soo long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TX22)
    does anyone have a feeling that genetic engineering of golden rice will come up.

This UNIT IS soo long.
    Probably. But then, if I learn it well, it won't. Thats what always happens. :o:

Anyway...I guess there is no point risking the chance that it may/may not come up. Its gotta be learned.

ReputationRep:
    RIGHT! I'm back! My biology revision officially starts here.

I'm so scared :|

ReputationRep:
    yeh true, cant risk it.

can anyone give a summary of sampling ie quadrats, point and frame.
    that section is really boring me.

it would be really useful thanks

(Original post by ViolinGirl)
    Probably. But then, if I learn it well, it won't. Thats what always happens. :o:

Anyway...I guess there is no point risking the chance that it may/may not come up. Its gotta be learned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbelle ♥)

I too am back for revision.

Though I am basically starting from scratch. Weve still got 2 modules to learn?!!?!?!? :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    :lol: henterozygous! nice word skatealexia:top:
    i hope everyone is working hard for this unit, we can't afford to lose to OCR :lol: like we did in F214:lol:

ReputationRep:

Welcome! :p: if you have any questions let it out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    Welcome! :p: if you have any questions let it out!
    Ha don't you worry. You'll be begging me to stop pestering you soon enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chunkeymonkey62)
    I too am back for revision.

Though I am basically starting from scratch. Weve still got 2 modules to learn?!!?!?!? :eek: :eek:
    Haven't a clue how much we've got left. I know it's quite a bit though!! Didn't understand any of it, so yeah, I'll be starting from scratch too :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TX22)

This UNIT IS soo long.
    spread you revision don't just revise one module and say, "i'm done" revise the stuff you're uncomfortable with(this is coming from experience(F214) because i remember skipping stuff that i found hard which then came up on the exam!) and then have a look at the topics you are 100% happy with to rejuvinate your brain

ReputationRep:

Welcome back ^.^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    spread you revision don't just revise one module and say, "i'm done" revise the stuff you're uncomfortable with(this is coming from experience(F214) because i remember skipping stuff that i found hard which then came up on the exam!) and then have a look at the topics you are 100% happy with to rejuvinate your brain
    Hey bro. ! Got f212,f214 and f215 to go. xD vrooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    How is f212 going? any thread dedicated to them and f214 included? I will browse around just to refresh :/
    :eek3: Its getting near...! arghhhhhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Module 4 is amazing about Muscles Just what I luv to know xD.............................. ................................ ................................ ...................

I just hope a question of 7 marks comes up on Muscle Contraction alone ! From what I think lead to my demise inf214 was that I had memorized everything in the book provided but didn't bother to practice past papers. :ninja: wont dare do it again.So how is the revision going? Cruising are we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Welcome back ^.^
    Thank you, thank you I'm doing sociology revision atm. Will be back here tomorrow though. Planning on doing 4 hours biology tomorrow. So I'll be calling on your knowledge.. as you are a walking textbook

ReputationRep:
    :bebored: Questions anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    :bebored: Questions anyone?
    Hi there yea.... Its to do with the production of penicillin at one place it says its made up by feed batch process while the next para. states Batch process only :confused:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2014
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.