Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically, the 2 strands are name because:

1)There is one you directly create mRNA from, (which is complementary to the template strand), that is the template strand.

2)The Template strand is called that, because the DNA base sequence matches that on the mRNA except for the fact RNA contains Uracil instead of Thymine in its base sequence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Have No Imagination)
    I starting making this powerpoint according to the spec but I stopped when you all told me I was going to fail because I hadn't finish making notes on everything yet :bawling: I don't know if I should carry on with the rest of the spec...is this useful for anyone?
    that presentation is pretty good!
    carry on going!...but only if its helping you obviously! dont want to waste your time lol

ReputationRep:
    Why are you so knowledgable?
    I am not.

ReputationRep:
    I starting making this powerpoint according to the spec but I stopped when you all told me I was going to fail because I hadn't finish making notes on everything yet :bawling: I don't know if I should carry on with the rest of the spec...is this useful for anyone?
    Yep nice presentation BUT only carry on if you are doing all 4 modules and IF you got time.I persoanlly would rather read through mary jones but thats how I revise. MY mock is next week! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Yep nice presentation BUT only carry on if you are doing all 4 modules and IF you got time.I persoanlly would rather read through mary jones but thats how I revise. MY mock is next week! :eek:
    I just don't know what to do, I was literally staring at one page for an hour, no lies. I got a U for my mock :emo: I'm sure you'll do loads better, good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    I just don't know what to do, I was literally staring at one page for an hour, no lies. I got a U for my mock :emo: I'm sure you'll do loads better, good luck!!
    and to you too... so what it was just a mock we still got loads of time. :ninja:. Like I keep saying don't give up you see when you stare at the questions or the book itself trust me your not the only one who gets the "Pftt what! we need to know that too!" Look. Seriously OCR will do it again.First it was on seals and now probably a hippo.Who knows they might stick in a hippos brain and tell us to make names out of it.
    LMAO

ReputationRep:
    examiners normally make papers one and a half years before they are set.

so this exam was made long time ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TX22)
    examiners normally make papers one and a half years before they are set.

so this exam was made long time ago.
    :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    could someone briefly outline the commerical uses of giberallin and cytokinins.

ReputationRep:
    could someone please direct me to where i can get the F214 question pack. (im resitting it so it would be really helpful if i could use the questions as part of my revision.

cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had any success with their teacher in getting the Questions for F215 using ExamQuest ?

Finished the Syllabus, now want to get as much Exam Practice. Please ask your teachers, I'm sure it will be really useful for all of us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redfanatic)
    could someone please direct me to where i can get the F214 question pack. (im resitting it so it would be really helpful if i could use the questions as part of my revision.

cheers!
    PM me your email, I'll send you them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Anyone had any success with their teacher in getting the Questions for F215 using ExamQuest ?

Finished the Syllabus, now want to get as much Exam Practice. Please ask your teachers, I'm sure it will be really useful for all of us.
    My teachers have ExamQuest, they're so damn stingy though, they don't even give us the bloody questions, it's like they want us to fail...
    But, I'm going to talk to my bio teacher on monday and ask her to put it on the school system, I'll put them on my pendrive and upload the questions...pray she says okay..:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    and to you too... so what it was just a mock we still got loads of time. :ninja:. Like I keep saying don't give up you see when you stare at the questions or the book itself trust me your not the only one who gets the "Pftt what! we need to know that too!" Look. Seriously OCR will do it again.First it was on seals and now probably a hippo.Who knows they might stick in a hippos brain and tell us to make names out of it.
    LMAO
    LOL, the book I'm using now actually has a whole page on seal adaptations, I nearly died when I saw it. It had everything it says in the markscheme. But the problem with this book is that there's so much detail, so there's literally 10 pages just on mutations whereas in the sue hocking on it's 2 pages..that's why I'm so far behind..

ReputationRep:
    My teachers have ExamQuest, they're so damn stingy though, they don't even give us the bloody questions, it's like they want us to fail...
    But, I'm going to talk to my bio teacher on monday and ask her to put it on the school system, I'll put them on my pendrive and upload the questions...pray she says okay..:rolleyes:
    Exactly! I mean what's the point having the program if it's no use for the students, afterall it's the students who will be sitting the exams. Thanks, I hope she does.

ReputationRep:
    LOL, the book I'm using now actually has a whole page on seal adaptations, I nearly died when I saw it. It had everything it says in the markscheme. But the problem with this book is that there's so much detail, so there's literally 10 pages just on mutations whereas in the sue hocking on it's 2 pages..that's why I'm so far behind..
    Dont over-read it. For mutations just remember that there are three types of it: By deletion,insertion and substitution.Also know that out of the three substitution is harmless as a codon such as ATA is same as CGC. =}
    The rest of the two cause frame-shift and could have fatal side-effects.Next comes hemoglobin read on that =} if it exists in that book?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Exactly! I mean what's the point having the program if it's no use for the students, afterall it's the students who will be sitting the exams. Thanks, I hope she does.
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    These powerpoint have been really useful and my friends think they are awesome so please keep doing them if you have time *flutters eyelashes*

only 33 days til biology and 34 til chemistry zomg i'm gonna die.

ReputationRep:
    Dont over-read it. For mutations just remember that there are three types of it: By deletion,insertion and substitution.Also know that out of the three substitution is harmless as a codon such as ATA is same as CGC. =}
    The rest of the two cause frame-shift and could have fatal side-effects.Next comes hemoglobin read on that =} if it exists in that book?
    are you referring to the part where a change in one of the amino acids in hemoglobin causes sickle cell anemia????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueberry123)
    are you referring to the part where a change in one of the amino acids in hemoglobin causes sickle cell anemia????
    yep mutation of glutamate to valine in beta chain I believe.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2014
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.