Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thats all you need ibysaiyan! Hope you are Happy ^^

ReputationRep:
    can someone explain whats the point of joining the two ends together if youve broken them apart as is mentioned in the animation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    Thats all you need ibysaiyan! Hope you are Happy ^^
    Thanks a GAZILLION ! =} I am reading through it right now....

ReputationRep:
    do we have to know the different types of taxis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    these guys always make awesome animations for biology, used them in the last module and I think they really helped with my grade for january
    http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/olc/dl/120078/bio37.swf
    ^just one of them
    have they got more? where could i see the rest of the animations???

cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redfanatic)
    have they got more? where could i see the rest of the animations???

cheers!
    just type in the topic in google +animation and scroll down and look for "mcgraw hill" in the link
    for example heres another one about translation

ReputationRep:
    thanking you all muchly, all your notes are really helping! clad in armour these animations rock gah leavers week atm you guys doing anything special at school/college?

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have one quick question... do you think we need to know the process of Drosophila development? It doesn't mention Drosophila in the spec, but I didn't want to completely rule it out of my revision before knowing if it was needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebeeeee)
    Hello, I have one quick question... do you think we need to know the process of Drosophila development? It doesn't mention Drosophila in the spec, but I didn't want to completely rule it out of my revision before knowing if it was needed.
    Indeed we need to know that by which I mean the homeobox genes of the fruit fly.Which are antp and Ubx.
    Ubx switches off the growth of wings in T3 and antp switches on growth of Legs in the thorax i.e pair per segments (T1,T2,T3).
    How they do this? Basically these genes code for proteins called "Transcription factors" which bind onto a particular part of DNA. =}
    Anyone got questions feel free to ask with exception of Behavior. I have yet to do that and I got mock tomorrow Grrr...
    P.S: Violin I didn't go through your post one on behavior yet :/

ReputationRep:
    this has probably been posted loads of times before,

but could someone describe transcription, like a mark scheme answer.

its too long to look back at previous posts, this thread is too big.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TX22)
    this has probably been posted loads of times before,

but could someone describe transcription, like a mark scheme answer.

its too long to look back at previous posts, this thread is too big.
    A question I came across before, can't remember the paper though.

Question: A product manufactured using microorganisms is single cell protein (SCP).
    Describe how a protein would be synthesised in the cell of a single celled fungus.

In your answer, you should make clear the sequence of the steps in the process.

[Total 10 marks]

Mark Scheme :

allow max 5 for following:

Transcription;
    DNA unzips / H bonds break;
    exposing required, gene / sequence of bases;
    RNA nucleotides align with DNA;
    U with A, A with T, C with G, and G with C;
    RNA polymerase;
    mRNA formed (using DNA strand as template);
    leaves nucleus through pore;

allow max 5 for following:

Translation;
    mRNA attaches to ribosome;
    tRNA brings amino acid (to, ribosome / mRNA);
    each tRNA attached to specific amino acid;
    tRNA binds to mRNA using complementary, base triplet / anticodon;
    peptide bond formed between amino acids;
    DNA / mRNA, (nucleotide / base) sequence determines sequence of
    amino acids;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Can I have them too please, +rep available.
    pm me your email add please...or someone tell me how to use rapidshare please :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    P.S: Violin I didn't go through your post one on behavior yet :/
    I'm so disappointed ibysaiyan...:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimz08)
    pm me your email add please...or someone tell me how to use rapidshare please :P
    It's quite simple, go to the RS.com home page. On the main page click 'Browse' and select the file you want to upload. Once the file is finished uploading, it will direct you to a page providing you with 2 links (one is the download link and the other is the delete link) copy the download link and sent it to me . The delete one is so you can delete the file of the server if you change your mind about sharing it later.

If you still don't get it, tell me and I'll PM you my Email Address instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    It's quite simple, go to the RS.com home page. On the main page click 'Browse' and select the file you want to upload. Once the file is finished uploading, it will direct you to a page providing you with 2 links (one is the download link and the other is the delete link) copy the download link and sent it to me . The delete one is so you can delete the file of the server if you change your mind about sharing it later.

If you still don't get it, tell me and I'll PM you my Email Address instead.
    well I've got a few other addresses too - so pm me? :P would save me the hassle

ReputationRep:
    i still dont get whats the point of joining 2 sticky ends that youve just broken with the endonuclease

ReputationRep:
    Urrgh. Did so little biology today. Have so much to go over. But physics needs a doing! Star, planets, galaxies, at least its interesting stuff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    i still dont get whats the point of joining to ends that youve just broken with the endonuclease
    What is this relating to? Maybe I can explain. But currenly have no clue.

ReputationRep:
    http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/olc/dl/120078/bio37.swf
    its off this animation, do you think you could explain perhaps please?

ReputationRep:
    Restriction enzymes aka restriction endonuclease(s) is/are the case here i do believe for Clad in Armour, although i need a context in order to put together a proper reply.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.