x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what products can be produced by:

continuous culture -

batch culture -

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Falcon91)
    Yup, ive sent them.

Ill be typing up some more, for module 1 next.
    Can you send me the notes please?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to be posting a collection of exam questions for each topic this time? Like on the thread for the last exam. I'd be very grateful.

ReputationRep:
    My teachers printed us the exam questions using the exam quest thing, but don't have the file to send it, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Transcription and Translation

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student92)
    My teachers printed us the exam questions using the exam quest thing, but don't have the file to send it, sorry!
    OMG OMG, could you possibly scan it in with a scanner?

Would be very much appreciated! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TX22)
    what products can be produced by:

continuous culture -

batch culture -
    Continuous - Primary Metabolites, examples are insulin, ethanol, amino acids or the microorganisms themselves etc

Batch - Secondary Metabolites, examples are penicillin and streptomycin

ReputationRep:
    exam very soon , i was wondering if anyone posted a collection of past papers like the last exam ?

ReputationRep:
    Succession Glacier

Primary succession is when a community gradually colinizes bare rock , sand or glacier pooles which has never seen a previous community their before.

1) When a glacier retreats it leaves behind bare rock of various sizes called moraines
    2) The first organisms to colonize and grow on the moraines are lichens ,mosses and mount Avens , these are pioneer plants and make up the pioneer community.
    3) the pioneer plants are able to survive in almost non existent soil , low levels of nitrate and soil which is unstable.
    4) Mount avens have a mutualistic relationship with nitrogen fixing bacteria so they are able receive ammonium ions in their root nodules benefiting.
    5) Some of this ammonium trickles into the soil providing nutrients for other pioneer plants
    6) over many years the pioneer plants shed leaves and flowers , their remains are broken down by decomposers and their nutrients , nitrates , water are returned to the soil increasing its feritlity.
    7) the presence of the pioneer plants makes the soil more fertile and allows taller plants called shrubs to grow and soon displace the pioneer plants that die.
    8) remains of pioneer plants called humus trap water and minerals and stabilise the soil.
    9) after thousands of years tall conifer trees grow as a spruce forests forms providing soil remains stable.

ReputationRep:
    zomg everyones notes are amazing! jealous much...

ReputationRep:
    Got my D1 exam tomorrow jus ganna revise that then jus concentrate on physics c4 and bio

ReputationRep:
    :zomg:, can you please somehow manage to get them from your teacher. I Need these real bad, and I'm sure many of us here do too. Just make something up like, say you have lost the questions and would it be okay if you send the documents so you can print them at home, scanning may take a hell lot of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MG.GULED)
    exam very soon , i was wondering if anyone posted a collection of past papers like the last exam ?
    Please dont scare me..lol

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Pleassseeeeee student92, you are our only hope!

ReputationRep:
    OUR ONLY HOPE! :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Guys i have ******** of exam questions from OCR and some other boards that are relevant to the spec. they were picked out by our teachers......is that what you guys want? or has student 92 got some exclusive ones?

ReputationRep:
    YEEES that would be great , any past paper questions would do
    would be grate full if you could upload them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The TSR Star.)
    Guys i have ******** of exam questions from OCR and some other boards that are relevant to the spec. they were picked out by our teachers......is that what you guys want? or has student 92 got some exclusive ones?
    Would you mind posting them please ? Attach them on here, or if they're too big you can use rapidshare or mediafire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadMaths)
    Please dont scare me..lol
    lol , what happened to ibsaiyan is he no longer on here?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.