Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uer23)
    Could you not ask/email you're teacher to send the ones for the genetics module to you that includes the topics protein synthesis/mutations/variation/lac operon/genetic cross etc. Genetics is probably my weakness in this unit.

i honestly dont think there were any! will ask tmz at school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Exam Based Assesments.

Basically some teachers use this to test pupils on a particular topic, a compilation of the questions for that particular topic from past paper questions.
    Ooh rite cool thank u!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dopeyangel101)
    i honestly dont think there were any! will ask tmz at school
    Great thanks.

Just ask your teacher politely and say there were none of the genetics module questions on the VLE and I'm sure he/she wouldn't mind giving them to you.

ReputationRep:
    two more EBAs and some mark schemes coming right up
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc Neuromuscular junction card sort.doc (24.0 KB, 78 views)
  2. File Type: doc Types of muscle quiz.doc (22.5 KB, 90 views)
  3. File Type: rtf Genetic crosses 2 EBA MS.rtf (8.6 KB, 186 views)
  4. File Type: rtf mutation EBA MS.rtf (5.0 KB, 79 views)
  5. File Type: rtf protein synthesis EBA MS.rtf (33.2 KB, 432 views)

ReputationRep:
    woah, loads of documents!!!!
    Attached Files
  6. File Type: doc Types of muscle quiz answers.doc (23.0 KB, 73 views)
  7. File Type: rtf selective breeding and conservation MS.rtf (16.5 KB, 68 views)
  8. File Type: doc Neuromuscular junction correct order.doc (22.5 KB, 72 views)
  9. File Type: rtf ecosystems A2 all Qs Markscheme (1).rtf (115.2 KB, 85 views)
  10. File Type: rtf cloning EBA MS.rtf (9.7 KB, 92 views)

ReputationRep:
    3 more mark schemes coming up...
    Attached Files
  11. File Type: rtf gene therapy EBA big one MS.rtf (12.2 KB, 75 views)
  12. File Type: rtf immobilised enzymes EBA MS.rtf (6.3 KB, 79 views)
  13. File Type: rtf manipulating DNA EBA MS.rtf (10.7 KB, 77 views)

ReputationRep:
    thanks.

you posted the cloning EBA MS, but do you have the questions to those ?

edt: found it

ReputationRep:
    I think the Biotechnology EBA and Genetic crosses 1 EBA mark schemes are missing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uer23)
    I think the Biotechnology EBA and Genetic crosses 1 EBA mark schemes are missing.
    biotech one wont work, and there doesnt appear to be anyfor the GC1, will check tmz at school

ReputationRep:
    biotech one wont work, and there doesnt appear to be anyfor the GC1, will check tmz at school
    Right no problem.

I wouldn't worry about the EBA's too much as long as you can get the questions for the genetics module. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uer23)
    Right no problem.

I wouldn't worry about the EBA's too much as long as you can get the questions for the genetics module. Thanks.
    i shall endeavor to get them then

ReputationRep:
    i shall endeavor to get them then
    Yep, that will be great.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys

Hope Revision is going well for all.
    In the spec it says " state other vector into which fragments of DNA may be incorporated"
    Help on this would appreciated

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shavay)
    Hey Guys

In the spec it says " state other vector into which fragments of DNA may be incorporated"

Good Luck
    That may be the BAC (Bacterial artificial chromosome) stuff, if so it's covered in the gene therapy spread.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys

Good Luck
    Vectors deliver a gene in to a cell. Its a carrier in which the required gene is inserted. The main vector example is bacterial plasmids. Others are: DNA ligase, hybrid vectors.

ReputationRep:
    just printed off all of student92's notes on 2.1 and 2.2, cost me a fortune (having to pay for printing at school is ridiculous) but well worth it!

ReputationRep:
    ooooooo can anyone explain epistasis to me????

it just really confuses me

ReputationRep:
    thanks i'm using rapidshare atm, will post the link when i can

here it is

http://rapidshare.com/files/39181866...ll_Qs.rtf.html
    It says "This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times"
    Could you please please please pm/email it to me or something?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys

Good Luck
    Here are some main vectors that are used:
    BAC's
    Bacterial plasmids
    Virus genomes
    Yeast chromosomes

ReputationRep:
    ooooooo can anyone explain epistasis to me????

it just really confuses me
    Epistatsis is the interaction between different gene loci, whereby one gene locus will mask/suppress the expression at the second gene locus. The first gene is known as being epistatic to the second.

Epistatsis will result in ratios that are not similar to normal monohybrid/dihybrid crosses that use homozygous parents.

There are 2 types of interactions between genes that can occur. The first is antagnositic action, whereby the presence of a gene at the first locus, results in masking of the gene at the second locus. This is further split into 2 types of antagonistic action- Recessive epistasis and dominnant epistasis. Genes can also interact in a complementary way.

1) Recessive epistatis- this is where the homozygous prescene of a recessive allele at one gene locus prevents the expression of genes at a secong locus.

2) Dominant epistasis- this is where the prescence of 1 or 2 dominant alleles on one locus, prevents expression of genes at second locus.

3) Complementary action- where the the homozygous prescence of a recessive allele at either locus, prevents expression of genes on the other locus.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.