jsut started the Nitrogen cycle stuff

ReputationRep:
    I'm sick and tried of all these definitions. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    i know theres like a gazillion -.-

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any tips on the best ever revision i can do for A2 Biology, i am trying to make notes and i am afraid it doesnt work...thanks..n it seems i will not be able to finish my revision for the last module...very nervous.......waaaahhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Someone just negged me for my post in this thread and called themselves certifieddemon. who are you certifieddemon what did I do??
    I think i have an idea who it is though

ReputationRep:
    Ask me any question regarding anything but behavior. =}

ReputationRep:
    Thank you whoever +repped me

Must-do-more-revision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Do ya reckon we need to know all the definitions in the textbook? The specification is very specific about which ones to learn...reckon we should just learn the ones in the spec or learn everything?

(Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Ask me any question regarding anything but behavior. =}
    Okey doke : outline the differences between reproductive and non-reproductive clonging.

Please and thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Arggggggh! Biology is making me go crazy!

Anyone learning stuff beyond what is needed for the specification ? I have yet to start proper revision, but would it be a good idea to cover every single point on the spec for revision ? Any other revision tips would be appreciated, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Plant responses complete !! just got to do animal behavoiur and im done.
    I think this paper is giong to be so synoptic with graphs , data and intepretation so be prepared or prepare to fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoop)
    Do ya reckon we need to know all the definitions in the textbook? The specification is very specific about which ones to learn...reckon we should just learn the ones in the spec or learn everything?

Okey doke : outline the differences between reproductive and non-reproductive clonging.

Please and thank you.
    Woah alrighty:
    Non-reproductive cloning: Here a non-reproducing (cell)genetic anomaly or fault within the cell is fixed.This is usually done by either having the correct allele version sprayed over liposome structure or over adenoviruses.Which is then inserted into the patient which is then exchanged within the lung cells as in CFTR although its effect are temporary lasting few weeks.
    Or perhaps by reversing the working of differentiated cells.
    As for reproductive cloning here a cell body is fused with eunucleated egg which goes onto form a zygote (after mitosis).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by majid81)
    Arggggggh! Biology is making me go crazy!

Anyone learning stuff beyond what is needed for the specification ? I have yet to start proper revision, but would it be a good idea to cover every single point on the spec for revision ? Any other revision tips would be appreciated, thanks.
    Umm i think covering every point is essential as these OCR bio exams can be unpredictable , but thats just my point of view

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Woah alrighty:
    Non-reproductive cloning: Here a non-reproducing (cell)genetic anomaly or fault within the cell is fixed.This is usually done by either having the correct allele version sprayed over liposome structure or over adenoviruses.Which is then inserted into the patient which is then exchanged within the lung cells as in CFTR although its effect are temporary lasting few weeks.
    Or perhaps by reversing the working of differentiated cells.
    As for reproductive cloning here a cell body is fused with eunucleated egg which goes onto form a zygote (after mitosis).
    Surely its something more along the lines of 'non-reproductive involves the synthesis of new cells which are genetically identical to the parent organism, whereas reproductive cloning involves the synthesis of a new organismwhich is genetically identical to the parent organism.

But mine sounds very...lacking in something maybe?

Dunno, whatdoya think? Its the first bullet point for Chap 9 in the spec and I wasn't too sure how to interpret it / what to write as notes - not much on comparisons in my book or revision guide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoop)
    Surely its something more along the lines of 'non-reproductive involves the synthesis of new cells which are genetically identical to the parent organism, whereas reproductive cloning involves the synthesis of a new organismwhich is genetically identical to the parent organism.

But mine sounds very...lacking in something maybe?

Dunno, whatdoya think? Its the first bullet point for Chap 9 in the spec and I wasn't too sure how to interpret it / what to write as notes - not much on comparisons in my book or revision guide.
    Basically Non-reproductive cloning (NRC) is the extraction of embryonic stem cells from an embryo at blastocyst level. Thats the most simplistic and yet in-depth definition for it

ReputationRep:
    guys for the "describe one example of primary succession resulting in a climax community" have you just revised the sand dunes one?

Also ive revised the plants like sea couch and sea rocket etc, do we really need to revise those?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CertifiedAngel)
    Someone just negged me for my post in this thread and called themselves certifieddemon. who are you certifieddemon what did I do??
    lolz
    hate ppl who do that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chuck111)
    guys for the "describe one example of primary succession resulting in a climax community" have you just revised the sand dunes one?
    I learnt sand dunes and the volcanic erruption on Island of Surtsey one that's in the book,
    literally 3 points..

- algae lives on bare rock (pioneer community)

- erosion of rock + build up of dead organisms makes enough soil for mosses + ferns to grow, they suceed the algae

- larger plants then suceed these small plants etc etc

Guess it doesn't hurt to learn it as it's not much (I know you probably have a book and could have read that yourself but it helps me too, to type it out lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbelle ♥)
    I learnt sand dunes and the volcanic erruption on Island of Surtsey one that's in the book,
    literally 3 points..

- algae lives on bare rock (pioneer community)

- erosion of rock + build up of dead organisms makes enough soil for mosses + ferns to grow, they suceed the algae

- larger plants then suceed these small plants etc etc

Guess it doesn't hurt to learn it as it's not much (I know you probably have a book and could have read that yourself but it helps me too, to type it out lol)
    hehe I know it helps quite a bit answering people's queries
    the sand dune one has so many plant names, im not sure if we need to know all of them , ill jsut revise both of them jsut to be sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CertifiedAngel)
    lol some comedians round here on this thread. :rofl:

+repped you.

ReputationRep:
    what time are you guys going to bed tonight?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2014
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.