Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna see if i can piece together some question packs for modules 1, 3 and 4 if I can get a pdf maker I'll probably fail haha but oh well

EDIT: I think i'll do it in word lolz pdf is too much effort

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ziffachan)
    I'm gonna see if i can piece together some question packs for modules 1, 3 and 4 if I can get a pdf maker I'll probably fail haha but oh well

EDIT: I think i'll do it in word lolz pdf is too much effort
    That may be too time consuming.

It doesn't matter, Just post them as word files. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    I don't get 2 iii. Help please.
    hi new to this forum
    I think for 2 iii the F1 generation must be heterzgouse (sorry for spelling) Aa Bb and the pure one is homozygouse recessive is aa bb.

ReputationRep:
    Just realised the answers where there aswell, and run a diagram and i get a 1.1.1.1 ratio so i dont get it either
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Can someone post the question in the forum, as my computer doesn't particularly like opening word files off the internet, and I'm kind of curious as to what the actual question is. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Lets get back to it. I can do anything now, except galapagos bit, and the dopamine receptors stuff. So ask away!

---> Decribe the similarities and differences between artifical and natural selection.
    Hey, i believe the same here now (just need to run through some parts), although didnt get too much done today. So lets do this >

Okay.

Similarities:
    -Both cause a change in allele frequency in populations
    -Both make use of random mutations that take place (which can provide beneficial/useful alleles/traits)

Differences:
    -Humans are the selectrion pressure i.e. humans select animals to mate, in natural the environment selects individuals to mate

-Artificial selection reduces the number of phenotypes and reduces the gene pool by aiming for a predetermined result, whereas natural selection can produce a number of genotypes and the result is not predetermined (can be random).

-Artificial is much quicker than natural (which is slower)

-Artificial makes animals more useful for humans, natural makes them better adapted to environment.

Disucss some of the reasons for conservation.

ReputationRep:
    Here is the 2nd installment of the revision cards. These are on Ecosystems -.- ( found this topic so boring), so hopefully they help and if theres anything ive missed out plz tell me
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc Ecosystem.doc (90.5 KB, 198 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chuck111)
    Here is the 2nd installment of the revision cards. These are on Ecosystems -.- ( found this topic so boring), so hopefully they help and if theres anything ive missed out plz tell me
    Wow you've managed to simplify ecosystems which i find so boring into short great cards !
    i wanted to ask do you think we need alot of information about drd4 receptors ad dopamine in relation to human behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    Started doing question packs for modules 1, 3 and 4 OMG it's so much effort I best get plenty of rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ziffachan)
    Started doing question packs for modules 1, 3 and 4 OMG it's so much effort I best get plenty of rep.
    Oh you will.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, this has probably been asked a bajillion times but there are too many pages to find it
    What past papers are everyone using to revise the exam (if any) and hows everyone revising
    thanks in advance

ReputationRep:

OMG! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!
    you are the the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I remember the immune system quite well, but I don't want to explain unless I get something wrong. AS was waaaaay back.
    Ohhh any chance of emailing me any resources..that you amy have used that were helpful!!? I am like in such desperate need!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    You, are awesome

ReputationRep:
    Are your revision cards questiosn based on the specification?
    I dont know if I would use them as enough info on the topics..
    but thank you! I do hope they helpp because the ecosystem really is veryy boring! So maybe less is more in this case!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HELPME-ology)
    but thank you! I do hope they helpp because the ecosystem really is veryy boring! So maybe less is more in this case!
    Isn't that the point of revision cards though.. to condense the info to the point where 1 or 2 sentences can cue your memory to recall all of the info. I soppose it does work better when you're the one that's done it though

ReputationRep:
    do you have any of these for the other topics besides genetics?
    Hii
    do you by any chance have revision cards for the June AS module? pleaseeeee send if you do!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbelle ♥)
    Isn't that the point of revision cards though.. to condense the info to the point where 1 or 2 sentences can cue your memory to recall all of the info. I soppose it does work better when you're the one that's done it though
    Yehh truee.. i didnt mean it in a bad way.. just thought it wasnt like sooo much.. but yeh cool.. i guess in that way it helps..if its like the really short sorta notes to quickly learn.. but yeh everyone is different.. i meant revision notes as in detailed sorta ones but they are probably the ones condensed down after making the lengthy detailed notes

ReputationRep:
    Hii
    do you by any chance have revision cards for the June AS module? pleaseeeee send if you do!!!!
    heres the link to my revision card thread :P
    u should find the june AS ones there

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1289356

ReputationRep:
    Yer theyre based on the spec, i basically go through every point in the specification and try to answer it as best as I can and format it into a revision card to make it easier to remember

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2014

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.