Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Woah. You are starting revision now?

Must be very very committed to Biology. Or is it to make up for seal exam?:o:

ReputationRep:
    This is unit almost double the last unit. And half of the stuff in this module is a load of *****; this is going to be SO boring to revise for... I hate biology again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    Woah. You are starting revision now?

Must be very very committed to Biology. Or is it to make up for seal exam?:o:
    no revision, but planning:p: and yes it is to make up for the seal exam lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    no revision, but planning:p: and yes it is to make up for the seal exam lol
    lol. I guess i'll join you in 2 months or so...:p:

I am more concerned about what i did on the physics exam, rather than this one. I'm still really annoyed. It was an easy paper, but made silly errors. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    can some1 explain transcription and translation please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz619)
    can some1 explain transcription and translation please
    Yeah Sure. I'll have a go

Transcription:
    This is the first stage of protein synthesis. The DNA is held in the nucleus. In order to make a specific protein, the gene that holds the coding instructions to make that protein is a short section of the DNA. The DNA is too large to pass out of the nucleus so a copy has to be made-this is mRNA.

The section of DNA with the gene dips into the nucleolus. This is where free activated RNA nucleotides are. The DNA section unwinds and unzips (the hydrogen bonds holding the bases together break). The free nuleotides bind onto their complementary base pairs. Hydrogen bonds reform between them, the reaction is catalysed by RNA polymerase.

This is a copy of the template strand of DNA used. It leaves the nucleus through a pore.

Translation:
    This is the second stage. The mRNA attaches onto a ribsome. It passes along ribosome, and tRNA has specific codons that bind onto those of the mRNA , according to the sequence on mRNA. On one end of the tRNA there are amino acids. These are brought along ribosomal unit one by one, and peptide bonds form between them. The ribosome moves the mRNA along, and process continues untill it reachs a stop codon.

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    cheers it helped anotha question da ISA has any1 done da evaluation bit on the practical on the imobolised enzymes n can u tell me wt questions came up and answers plz thanx a lot

ReputationRep:
    cheers it helped anotha question da ISA has any1 done da evaluation bit on the practical on the imobolised enzymes n can u tell me wt questions came up and answers plz thanx a lot
    no because thats not allowed. It is also unfair.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    no because thats not allowed. It is also unfair.
    Hear Hear!

........Yeah, what he said.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not feelin biology anymore. Come to think of it, I'm not feelin school anymore! I'm also not feelin life :hmmm: ijoke. or do i?

i do.

ReputationRep:
    I am very worried that i've majorly ****** up my practicals.

ReputationRep:
    nah i jus want 2 no wt came up dats all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    Hear Hear!

........Yeah, what he said.
    :p: im not particular fan of cheating.

ReputationRep:
    nah i jus want 2 no wt came up dats all
    i knwo that but still knowing the questions that will come up provides you with an unfair advantage, here is my advice revise everything on enzymes and some bits on biological molecules

ReputationRep:
    i knwo that but still knowing the questions that will come up will give you an unfair advantage, here is my advice revise everything on enzymes and some bits on biological molecules
    Whats this all about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Whats this all about?
    the practical isa he was askin if someone could tell him what questions came up(if people have done their ISA already).

ReputationRep:
    Was anyone else fooled in to starting the module thinking that they'd find genetics interesting/fascinating? Now the only thought that springs to mind is DULL, DULL, DULL. Chapter 8 for the most part is an absolute drag and Chapter 9 is about as fun as having a heart transplant, and after that there's so much **** on plants and ecosystems, and stuff nobody cares about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACDC)
    Was anyone else fooled in to starting the module thinking that they'd find genetics interesting/fascinating? Now the only thought that springs to mind is DULL, DULL, DULL. Chapter 8 for the most part is an absolute drag and Chapter 9 is about as fun as having a heart transplant, and after that there's so much **** on plants and ecosystems, and stuff nobody cares about.
    i agree with you; the stuff on ecosystems althought interesting is boring and dull and same goes for genetics i feel your frustration:mad:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm currently making three beautiful diagrams on the Lac Operon. Just thought I'd share it with all of you....

Yeah I'm really bored..... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    I'm currently making three beautiful diagrams on the Lac Operon. Just thought I'd share it with all of you....

Yeah I'm really bored..... :ninja:
    Did you mean share the diagrams ? Because I can't see anything. :o:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2014
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.