Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am really depressed. Partly because I did not do well in Physics exam today. I didn't have enough time to finish all the questions. And another thing is I have got no replies from the two unis I really want to go which are Sheffield and UCL (going for architecture). No offers yet while others have even got 5 offers already. I am not happy at all and feel like crying right now. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    did anyone take physics exam today as well?

ReputationRep:
    If it makes you feel any better, one of my mates had to wait for AGES to hear from The Bartlett, as did all of her flatmates this year. They're just slow about replying. I wouldn't worry too much, and you can always resit the Physics exams come the summer if it did go awry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woolcott)
    If it makes you feel any better, one of my mates had to wait for AGES to hear from The Bartlett, as did all of her flatmates this year. They're just slow about replying. I wouldn't worry too much, and you can always resit the Physics exams come the summer if it did go awry
    did your friend get into Bartlett eventually?

ReputationRep:
    I imagine the extended deadline may have something to do with the delayed replies from unis. Don't stress. It took two months for me to hear from some unis!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LLTR)
    did your friend get into Bartlett eventually?
    yeahhh, and she's doing really well there now. I wouldn't look into how long it takes them to get back to you. It's just a case of being patient, which is REALLY difficult, I know :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Did you take aqa phya4?

I did that -- don't worry, I didn't like it either :yy:
    Not that I'm any kind of standard!

I still know a few people who havn't heard from universities either!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JellyBean123)
    I imagine the extended deadline may have something to do with the delayed replies from unis. Don't stress. It took two months for me to hear from some unis!
    o wow.. two months. .mm yeah.. been almost a month now. the extended deadline delayed the replies i suppose. anyways.. thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LLTR)
    I am really depressed. Partly because I did not do well in Physics exam today. I didn't have enough time to finish all the questions. And another thing is I have got no replies from the two unis I really want to go which are Sheffield and UCL (going for architecture). No offers yet while others have even got 5 offers already. I am not happy at all and feel like crying right now. :sigh:
    Its okay I went through this last year, and I am now reapplying and the waiting isn't fun :P but you'll get your offers soon enough, the applications got delayed until 22nd January. I hope you get them soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woolcott)
    yeahhh, and she's doing really well there now. I wouldn't look into how long it takes them to get back to you. It's just a case of being patient, which is REALLY difficult, I know :yep:
    yes!! I suck at waiting so yeah. Would be worth the wait if I would get in. Thanks for the info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raceforthefishman)
    Did you take aqa phya4?

I did that -- don't worry, I didn't like it either :yy:
    Not that I'm any kind of standard!

I still know a few people who havn't heard from universities either!
    No i took Edexcel. Don't which one would be harder but i suppose physics is just hard. O well, here I come june. !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josieee)
    Its okay I went through this last year, and I am now reapplying and the waiting isn't fun :P but you'll get your offers soon enough, the applications got delayed until 22nd January. I hope you get them soon.
    Oh really? yeah.. the waiting sucks and it would suck more if rejection comes next. Thanks.. I hope so too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LLTR)
    No i took Edexcel. Don't which one would be harder but i suppose physics is just hard. O well, here I come june. !!
    Thats what I thought after I'd done it -- I wouldn't worry!

(yay for Sheffield )

ReputationRep:
    no worries op, i didnt hear from one of my unis till march. They were waiting for the results from the jan exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -XxX-)
    no worries op, i didnt hear from one of my unis till march. They were waiting for the results from the jan exams.
    Oh! But you know? some of my friends have gotten like 5 offers already for Economics! and like Nottingham, they just accepted like 3 of my friends applying for Architecture already. Most of the students at my college have gotten at least one offer. Not me I don't know why. I get like AAB for predicted grades and my personal statement wasn't a really crappy one.

ReputationRep:
    Man you get upset easy, don't stress that you haven't heard from uni- it's not like they rejected you.

ReputationRep:
    You haven't been rejected so look on the bright side, it means they're still considering you. They've probably got loads of students applying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by style)
    Man you get upset easy, don't stress that you haven't heard from uni- it's not like they rejected you.
    I know the screwd-up physics exam added up more that's why.

ReputationRep:
    You may not have done badly, and even then it depends on how much the weighting for the whole thing is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LLTR)
    Oh! But you know? some of my friends have gotten like 5 offers already for Economics! and like Nottingham, they just accepted like 3 of my friends applying for Architecture already. Most of the students at my college have gotten at least one offer. Not me I don't know why. I get like AAB for predicted grades and my personal statement wasn't a really crappy one.
    phone them? I phoned and that how i heard about them waiting for my grades...
    I also didnt get my first offer till end of jan so im sure its ok

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.