Turn on thread page Beta

In a bad place watch

Announcements

Anon/delete as I know people on here.

I feel like I'm in quite a bad place at the moment. Around Christmas, our 6th form had our usualy formal do - I'd been flirting with a girl for a couple months - and ended up trying to kiss her at the end of the night, which didn't work, being slightly drunk I didn't think much of it - I thought she didn't really notice. But at a new years party one of our mutual friends told me she did notice and she felt bad turning me down - as I'm a really good friend .:banghead:

I ended up getting quite drunk and texting her saying that I knew she didn't feel the same and that I think I should cut contact. Woke up thinking "Good god what have I done?" and I haven't spoken to her since.

But today, I found out one of my friends FWB with her until they fell out with each other. All I knew about them falling out till today was that he called her a *****. And I found the reason for that was that she was FWB with at least 2 other people at the same time. So they don't speak anymore.

I thought I'd gotten over her, not speaking to her. I got quite angry about it, I'm not sure who I'm angry at though.

I've also spent the past 2/3 weeks stressing about coursework and exams. Neither of which are going very well. I spent the first week that we were supposed to be back after from Christmas off due to snow, so no human contact for a week, the next week was spent completing a good 20+ hours of exams - all but one of which went badly I reckon.

And usually with my pent up anger, I'd go play rugby or go to the gym burn off some steam. But seeing as I have quite a bad knee injury, I can't do that. And it's driving me insane seeing as this injury isn't going away quickly.

TBH, I don't really know the point of this thread is, but I just needed to vent.

I probably should say that one of my best mates was FWB. They used to be really good friends before they fell out, and it turned out that she was also sleeping with another of my friends.

TBH, the whole situation just makes me fume!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I probably should say that one of my best mates was FWB. They used to be really good friends before they fell out, and it turned out that she was also sleeping with another of my friends.

TBH, the whole situation just makes me fume!
    Please excuse my abbreviation ignorance but what does 'FWB' mean?!

EDIT: Friends with Benefits??

ReputationRep:
    "FWB = Friends with Benefits"

aka **** Buddies

Yeah basically, **** buddies. I don't know why I'm so angry about the two of them hooking up. I didn't know her when it happened...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2010
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.