Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i'm getting a bit anxious and i keep reading things that are telling me to apply as soon as possible

but if i haven't heard from the university i want to go to yet, i can't really apply can i?

ReputationRep:
    I've already applied and put down where I think will be my firm choice down, as you can change this information at a later date if necessary. It's up to you if you want to do that, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choongsta)
    i'm getting a bit anxious and i keep reading things that are telling me to apply as soon as possible

but if i haven't heard from the university i want to go to yet, i can't really apply can i?

if you don't have a offer from the university you want to go to then just chose the one you are more lickely to end up in and once you have all your offers the you can change it at a later date.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the process of applying, I think to do it now is pretty early?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mudya)
    I'm in the process of applying, I think to do it now is pretty early?
    Fair enough... I should find out from my unis soon enough

ReputationRep:
    so you can apply before you even make your prefered and insurance choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhx)
    so you can apply before you even make your prefered and insurance choice?
    from what i gather, you can apply using the university you think you are likely to get, but it seems like a lot of hassle if you end up applying and then you don't get that university

personally i'll just wait till i know for sure, then i'll apply - from the sounds of it its still quite early to be applying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choongsta)
    from what i gather, you can apply using the university you think you are likely to get, but it seems like a lot of hassle if you end up applying and then you don't get that university

personally i'll just wait till i know for sure, then i'll apply - from the sounds of it its still quite early to be applying
    all very well but you do realise the deadline for university to make you an offer (May) is after the deadline for the loan application (April)? Some universities go very close to the deadline as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    all very well but you do realise the deadline for university to make you an offer (May) is after the deadline for the loan application (April)? Some universities go very close to the deadline as well.
    oh dear...

well i should hear from the uni i want to go to in a few days... if i don't get it then i'll probably start filling out the rest of the form

the thing is, if i don't get it, i'll have two universities left. should i just fill out the form using one of them? will i be able to change the form if the university i actually get changes?

ReputationRep:
    apply now! You can change anything when you know for certain.

ReputationRep:
    apply now! You can change anything when you know for certain.
    some definite advice! as long as i can change things easily...

cheers

ReputationRep:
    as long as you apply by the deadline you should fine. apparently people who applied early last year were more likely to have been screwed over this year by student finance's appaling service

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smash and grab)
    as long as you apply by the deadline you should fine. apparently people who applied early last year were more likely to have been screwed over this year by student finance's appaling service
    What utter rubbish!
    Take it from people who did apply in February last year you are writing garbage.

ReputationRep:
    What utter rubbish!
    Take it from people who did apply in February last year you are writing garbage.
    well i think i'll listen to the person dealing with emergency loans at my uni, that's what they said

ReputationRep:
    fine! Just ignore the hundreds who posted on here about their problems!
    Talk about a head in sand attitude!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.