Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am currently applying for my A Level choices at Sixth Form and would like to study Economics & Management at Oxford. I would like to know whether you thing this combination of A Levels is good for this course and if there is any way you think I could improve it?

Economics, Maths, English Literature, Chemistry, General Studies (which is compulsory at my school). I am also considering self teaching AS Further Maths over the 2 years.

I am on for 9 A*'s and 2 A's at GCSE so I'm open to any subject suggestions. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Take A-level Maths. They really really like Maths for Economics-related courses. Further Maths might be a good added bonus if you could.
    They often don't count General Studies, so be sure to have three A-levels apart from that. Economics itself might seem like a good choice, it could be, but is not necassary. English Lit would be good for practicing essays, and Chemistry would show you're multi-talented, so both have advantages. Choose what you'd love to do, that will make an A more likely, which is the most important thing.

ReputationRep:
    Just make them up and apply to LMH.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    Hehe, yes :p:

OP, I think they're fine, provided you do the further maths AS thing (I did something similar, though it wasn't entirely self-taught) because it will really help you with the economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezzler)
    Hehe, yes :p:

OP, I think they're fine, provided you do the further maths AS thing (I did something similar, though it wasn't entirely self-taught) because it will really help you with the economics.
    I got into PPE with GCSE maths. I know it's not the same, but I'm just saying not to panic about the Further Maths thing! I said on my PS that I was teaching myself AS maths. I didn't. All I could do was differentiate, which was lucky because they asked about that at interview .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    Damn! You got it in before me.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.