Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Had a letter through from NTU asking me to go for an interview along with portfolio of work and a load of other requirements to bring.
    Was wondering if anyone knew the format of the interviews for the Interior Architecture course and if they expect you to have already done a Foundation Course in Art? (Its not mentioned as a requirement for the course, but was turned down at a Leeds Met interview yesterday for not doing a Foundation course even though it wasn't in the requirements) Any tips on improving my portfolio to ensure it stands out would also be appreciated!

Would be grateful for any feedback so I can suss out exactly what I need, my confidence has taken a knock from Leeds Met

ReputationRep:
    No course, not even the AA or UCL require you to do art foundation. This is just urban myth. It's a nice to have, you can get in to any architecture course in the Uk without Art foundation.

check out finalcrit.com for examples of student work from architecture. Keep it neat, simple and and consistent You should have probably done this kind of portfolio presentation in Alevel art/dt/product design anyway. I didn't have a clue when I applied and just cliped a load of A3's together. Seemed to work.

They aint expecting da vinci - it's 1st year. Show your creativity and a bit of enthusiasm. Try and show a few different mediums if you can (photos, pencil sketches, models/videos). Stay calm and just answer the questions the best you can.

I forgot to add - The interview is more about YOU and your ideas, and your approach to design. It's not generally a case of .."hmm he's not quite hatched that properly" or "the hue on that photograph is a little bit out".

good luck with your app.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much for replying. you said you had an interview there, how did it go? Did you get offered a place?

Also, what form did the interview take? My letter says something about a group activity, is that presenting my portfolio to the group as I heard in previous years that's what happened.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.