Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi my name is robyn I am new to this site.
    I was wondering if i could get any feedback on transferring universities
    I am currently studying sociology in manchester university 1st year and would like to move to the second year of sociology in bristol university as it is closer to home and i dont feel like i am settling in in manchester. How do i go about doing this? I have emailed the university of bristol and they replied sayin i would have to go through ucas and achieve a 2:1 in the end of year1 but i still dont understand how i actually proceed with doing this? My friends in bristol are getting a house so i would need to put a deposit down how do i know if i will be accepted and how do i proceed with a transfer? Advice!!please!!

ReputationRep:
    you have to have a word your tutor at manchester to say you want to move to another uni for one reason or another
    your need to go through ucas i dunno if you fall into the 15th jan deadline or not?

ReputationRep:
    I have spoken to my tutor they seem fine with the idea can you use your personal statement from before but add extra about the uni im leavin and reasons for leavin in it?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.