Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I have wide shoulders/back.
    Not particularly muscly, I'd say it's mostly fatty deposits to be honest.
    Really want to have a slimmer top half for prom dress.
    I look really disproportional as I have a wide back and shoulders with big boobs, yet slim waist, flat stomach, no hips and skinny legs.
    What can I do to improve my shape?

ReputationRep:
    Not alot, you can trim up a bit but if your borad your gonna stay board, anf given your back is wide I would guess that that is your shape.

Sounds like swimming would be up your street.

Oh and squat to build an arse!

ReputationRep:
    Elaborate on trim up?
    And I do love swimming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleais)
    Elaborate on trim up?
    And I do love swimming
    i.e. lose a bit of fat and if some comes off your shoulders they will look a bit less broad.

But I always thought swimmers generally had broad shoulders from swimming ...

ReputationRep:
    I appreciate what trim up means, but how?

ReputationRep:
    I appreciate what trim up means, but how?
    Same way you always trim up - eat less or do more excercise

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. Okay, sounds like a plan. I suppose it would have to be mainly cardio for weight loss, rather than weights? Else I'll have even bigger shoulders :/ Bad times.

Hmm. Okay, sounds like a plan. I suppose it would have to be mainly cardio for weight loss, rather than weights? Else I'll have even bigger shoulders :/ Bad times.
    Seriously do barbell squats. Bigger arse+legs = less out of proportion.

ReputationRep:
    Build a bit of lower body muscle and you'll get the twin benefits of bringing your lower body more into proportion with your broader shoulders and having legs and arse which are better looking in their own right. Squats are where it's at.

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant
    Thank you all very much, hopefully now I won't look quite as oddly proportioned haha!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.